Is Eco Mode and Normal Mode the same thing?

R1100

11 hours ago, R1100 said:

All I can say is -  for normal local running around within my local town I suggest about 32MPG, on longer cruising runs of about 150 miles of A roads and motorways I have seen 37-38MPG on the trip computer. This is a very rough guide not at all measured precisely.

I have been keeping records and I see comparable figures. 30-31 locally, 35-36 on Motorway runs. These are actual figures measured from fill-up to fill-up. The trip computer tends to overestimate mpg by 1-2 mpg. I would consider myself to be a "light-footed" driver, for the most part.

Though the colder weather has taken its toll on mpg figures recently. Those local runs with heated seats, steering wheel, windscreen and mirrors can be more like 27-28 mpg.

Virtually all my driving is in "Normal" mode, and its a 2018 MY.

Edited by gojoholo

42.8mpg is the best I’ve managed to achieve, which was on a trip to Cornwall. Typically on short trips it’s in the low 20’s and medium to long about 34mpg. There was a noticeable improvement in mpg once 3k miles where on the clock.

Thanks guys. You are all quoting for this car what I’m getting currently from my Kia Sorento diesel so I’m quite happy about the mpg. Just got to check the noseweight on my caravan (as the Kodi only lists 80kg) and I’ll make my final decision. 

Edited by Retrac

On 27/01/2019 at 20:44, Retrac said:

As I am on the verge of ordering a 2.0 TSi (now 190bhp) I would be interested in learning what MPG you have been getting?

I have the Skoda kodiaq 2:0 tdi190ps edition 4x4 we did a 60 mile trip and this was my mpg I am very happy also I get 32-36mpg  just running round I leave my car in eco mode 

IMG-20190131-WA0013.jpg

The 2.0TSi is a very relaxing car to drive in any mode or it can pick up it's heals and whizz along with ease. I usually just leave it in Normal and pop the gear lever back into Sport when I want to drive more 'progressively'. I don't usually bother with a complete mode change, it just does not need it. 

It also worked really well in the snow  today !!

image.png.af62f4128e8a48a31260f83d61a39df7.png

Average annual mileage - 7,900 miles (UK, 2015).

Average fuel price - £1.20 / litre (petrol).

Annual fuel cost @ 35 mpg / 7.7 mpl = £1,231.

Annual fuel cost @ 40 mpg / 8.8 mpl = £1,077.

A whopping £154 extra a year.

Just drive the bloody thing :D

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, R1100 said:

The 2.0TSi is a very relaxing car to drive in any mode or it can pick up it's heals and whizz along with ease. I usually just leave it in Normal and pop the gear lever back into Sport when I want to drive more 'progressively'. I don't usually bother with a complete mode change, it just does not need it. 

It also worked really well in the snow  today !!

image.png.af62f4128e8a48a31260f83d61a39df7.png

I was going to ask if anyone had been out in the snow today. I’ve been driving in 8 inches of in the Sorento and found the 4x4!lock caused the rear end to swing out as it locks 50/50. I’m hoping the Kodiaqs system is more dynamic 

I have driven our Yeti in the snow and it is very stable.  No drama at all.

I have driven my Kodiaq on some horrid muddy and slippery surfaces and it has so far been very very stable with excellent traction. I am keen to try the snow but down here in the South East right by the sea we have only seen a dusting.

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

I'm not that bothered about mpg due to the small (relative) difference in price over a year as you show. I am indeed looking forward to driving a petrol engined car again. (I've had diesel for the past 20 years)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2019 at 20:44, Retrac said:

As I am on the verge of ordering a 2.0 TSi (now 190bhp) I would be interested in learning what MPG you have been getting?

I have the 2.TSi, only around 11000 on the clock. Mostly town (London) mileage, average mpg (overall) 29.5. Would have been less but for 3 round trips to North Cornwall, total of 1600 miles. 

Hi Retrac, my 180bhp TSI dsg achieves 26 to 28 in stop start, shortish village trips.  I have though seen 40 on trips to Plymouth at unearthly hours (little or no traffic) when I've fixed the speed at 65 and cruised.  Think of an average of 28 to 32 overall and you'll not go far wrong. And it's a great engine!  Super smooth, refined, quiet and tractable. 

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 18:09, silver1011 said:

Hear, Hear!!   If you're worried about MPG, don't but an SUV

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MarlboroLites said:

Hi Retrac, my 180bhp TSI dsg achieves 26 to 28 in stop start, shortish village trips.  I have though seen 40 on trips to Plymouth at unearthly hours (little or no traffic) when I've fixed the speed at 65 and cruised.  Think of an average of 28 to 32 overall and you'll not go far wrong. And it's a great engine!  Super smooth, refined, quiet and tractable. 

Thanks for this. The more I read the quicker I want to dump my Diesel engine!

5 minutes ago, Retrac said:

Thanks for this. The more I read the quicker I want to dump my Diesel engine!

I had one of those rare drives today.   35 miles cross country from Sussex into Kent on good A and B roads with next to no cars on the road and I overtook 2 very easily.  Left the TSi in Normal, good music on and swept along the roads. Cruised at 55-60 a lot of the way and computer said I averaged 36.8mpg. Very happy with that as I 'drove' the car progressively, not silly quick just a fast cruise.

Loved it.

On the way back I had a slower run behind lorries and a bus.  Still very relaxing again with good music and an average of 37.6