Frost cover

I have used length of bubble wrap as a protector for years, pull it tight and close the doors, in the morning remove and give it a shake. Cheap and cheerful !

• Like 1

Lidl windscreen covers are once again in the aisle bins at Lidl, polar bears off the menu, its 3 penguins now and €1.99.

On 23/01/2019 at 20:22, courty said:

Sick of the fact I never specified a heated front screen, hate looking like a peasant in the morning with de-icer and the lack of an ice scraper as it’s stuck in the fuel cap...

Any recommendations for a window cover, to prevent the frost, one that fits the Octavia estate well. Photos?

I’m not after a whole car cover, cba faffing the night before :giggle:

Thanks 

Warm kettle, about 1 part boiled 8 parts cold

I'm a Postie, my neighbours don't wanna hear me scrapping at 5am

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Warm kettle, about 1 part boiled 8 parts cold

I'm a Postie, my neighbours don't wanna hear me scrapping at 5am

True, I can imagine the noise. 

My only concern with using water, which is my last resort when the frost is thick, is that it turns to ice once on the ground and my postie ends up on his ar$e! 

I’ve purchased one off eBay, went for a full length window cover so hopefully it’ll do the job. 

2 hours ago, courty said:

True, I can imagine the noise. 

It's the Fn & blinding that's loudest

2 hours ago, courty said:

My only concern with using water, which is my last resort when the frost is thick, is that it turns to ice once on the ground and my postie ends up on his ar$e! 

You are truly one in a million as no other "Tommy tucker" GAF

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

Like I said just use a newspaper or even a old bedsheet both free. 

Cardboard does the trick too and costs around the same.

One person above said they wished they'd specified a heated windscreen because having to scrape ice makes them feel like a pauper.  Which begs the question, how does a rich person scrape ice off the near and off-side windows?  :nerd:

54 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

Cardboard does the trick too and costs around the same.

One person above said they wished they'd specified a heated windscreen because having to scrape ice makes them feel like a pauper.  Which begs the question, how does a rich person scrape ice off the near and off-side windows?  :nerd:

One's Bentley is actually parked up overnight in a heated garage, next to the Ferrari, which would NEVER be driver in cold climates... Only when I air-freight it to Monaco on my twice yearly month long spot of R&R!

So not even the chauffeur need moisten his cuffs, scraping ice off the glass, except when he is passing me my Martini I have at 12pm.