Interior light in the rear mod advice sought

Hi,

Our combi 2014 Fabia bus is a nightmare in Winter as there's no light in the back.

I've stuck brighter LEDs in the front module but I never expected (and wasn't disappointed) these to illuminate the rear.

I was thinking of avoiding cutting or marking the roof lining by running a clear acrylic tube from front to rear with LED strip in it and wire this into the front interior light unit but this is a bit messy.

Does anyone have any better solutions?

Thanks in advance

maybe you could have 2 led strips, one on each side at the back then you could tuck the wires past the rubber strips behind the headliner. you could then either connect the strips directly to the front interior light switch or piggy back off another fuse in the fuse box and have a separate switch for each led strip. This is the only way I can think of which fulfills your requirements, hope his helps.

This is something Im looking at doing as well.

The back is VERY dark, especially with black interior in my RS, My mums got a 64 plate 1.2 TSi and that has a different roof lining with an interior light in the middle as well, makes a massive difference. I will at some point when I remember "enquire" on the cost of a roof lining from a later vehicle with both, but I have a feeling that will be expensive, if it is not viable, then must think on !!....

PS there is a build topic from the guy in greece (I think) with a Fabia sport, he just cut and added one in to standard lining, so thats an option to, you just need to fit the "support" (metal ring) as well once the lining is cut.

16 hours ago, fabia88 said:

maybe you could have 2 led strips, one on each side at the back then you could tuck the wires past the rubber strips behind the headliner. you could then either connect the strips directly to the front interior light switch or piggy back off another fuse in the fuse box and have a separate switch for each led strip. This is the only way I can think of which fulfills your requirements, hope his helps.

I like the idea of the LED strips (you could also pick a different colour) and connecting to the rear of the front cluster!

I might have a look at this!! :)

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:39, UrbanPanzer said:

This is something Im looking at doing as well.

The back is VERY dark, especially with black interior in my RS, My mums got a 64 plate 1.2 TSi and that has a different roof lining with an interior light in the middle as well, makes a massive difference. I will at some point when I remember "enquire" on the cost of a roof lining from a later vehicle with both, but I have a feeling that will be expensive, if it is not viable, then must think on !!....

PS there is a build topic from the guy in greece (I think) with a Fabia sport, he just cut and added one in to standard lining, so thats an option to, you just need to fit the "support" (metal ring) as well once the lining is cut.

I'd expect that following a published guide and retro fitting must be the way forward.