Xenon headlight in Ireland

Is the €600 for the headlight only, or does it include the igniter, ballast and bulb?

All of the auxiliaries can be transferred onto the new headlight so make sure your prices are for the headlight only.

3 hours ago, Muscovy said:

Hi,

Looking for a driver side xenon headlight for my 2011 superb.  Dealer has them priced at 600. Anyone know a cheaper place in Ireland to get one.

Cheers. 

That sounds about right for a new lamp. I'm fairly certain they're dealer only for new parts, but you could try phoning around a bunch of scrapyards.

2 hours ago, chimaera said:

That sounds about right for a new lamp. I'm fairly certain they're dealer only for new parts

Pretty much the answer from what I've seen. Looked for a buddy last year, I see a few online places have them (eurocarparts was one) but they tend to me missing the Superb logo at the sideand were priced >= €750.

Buy a pair for £680, then sell the passenger side one for £400...

image.png.42aa79155d61bfe0a836be24bd53c6b3.png

Or a single one for £350, I'm sure someone close go Bradford could collect and post it to you... 

image.png.61d511c7223e907eeea8c718d935d47d.png

There are plenty of sellers over in Germany willing to ship to the UK for around £300, not sure if a LHD headlight is compatible with a RHD car though.

Thanks for the replies.

Called a few scrapyards today. All the superbs have been stripped clean. I'll keep trying but it looks like a dealer job. Pity its such a pain to remove the lamp. Lamp is fogging up and its blown two bulbs in 6 weeks. No crack that i can see, but i guess moisture is getting in somewhere. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have it ordered of main dealer. Now the xenon on the other side seems really weak. I've heard if one bulb is gone  that all the power is transferred to one side and it can damage that bulb. Any truth in that?

Xenon bulbs do age over time so if one is brand new the other might look weak in comparison.

I don't think electricity works like that. It's not uncommon that bulbs on different sides will fail shortly after each other but that's more likely to them being the same age :)

• Like 1

Thanks. Its a mechanic who told me that  If one bulb fails, you should change both. Probably trying to get a few more euros out of me. I found a few bulbs on amazon. Prices vary between £35 pounds up to £100 pounds. Can you recommend a brand?

I use 'Osram Xenarc Night Breaker Unlimited' in mine.

There are a number of fakes being sold so make sure it's a reputable supplier.

Just to be clear, did the new headlight come with a new xenon bulb or did you reuse the old one? If it's a new bulb, you probably want to try and find a matching bulb for the other side as there are a range of colour temperatures.

• Like 1

Ive just ordered the headlight of the main dealer. Wont be in till next week. Its comes without bulb. Still over €500 for just headlight. I got a bulb from a buddy for it when it comes. Its a osram xenarc orginal. So at the moment i have only one dim working (pretty weak) and replacing the other because water getting into headlight. Not a cheap problem to fix.