58 L&K estate wierd question

I have a 2010 Octavia brochure, I will check that in a wee bit. From memory there should be Lauren & Klement embroidered on the front seats. 

For some reason I seem rather reluctant to leave the sofa,,, 

20190131_220651.jpg

According to my 2010 brochure the L&K came with Light Assistant: Coming Home, Leaving Home and Tunnel Light. 

This is what it is also referred to in my spec and I have the Auto Lights switch. 

20190201_002903.jpg

Have you tried calling / visiting your local main dealer? They should be able to tell you from the registration number if it is an L&K and pull up a list of everything that was fitted to the car when it left the factory.

I assume the VIN number in all the places and the engine numbers match the V5...

It doesn't have automatic lights but does it have the windscreen rain sensor built into the mount where the rear view mirror goes onto the windscreen? The automatic lights require the rain sensor to be fitted. It's what measures the light outside. If someone had swapped the headlight switch out for one without the auto position, I doubt they would have gone to the trouble of ungluing the mirror from the windscreen and changing it for one without the sensor so, if it had factory auto lights, it should have the rain sensor. Does it have the self dimming rear view mirror (with the LED and button)? I would expect this to be present if the pack with the auto lighting/wipers was present.

Edited by Papfox

5 minutes ago, Straydragon said:

It has got the self dimming rear view mirror, and the rain sensor, no kick plates, I've seen auto lights on pre face lift models, so I'm thinking the head lights and switch most have been swapped out !

Or someone has been pimping a Greenline :o

2 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Or someone has been pimping a Greenline :o

God alone knows, first time her in doors took it out, she left the lights on, and flatend the battrey, god job I had some jump leads,

11 hours ago, Straydragon said:

It has got the self dimming rear view mirror, and the rain sensor, no kick plates, I've seen auto lights on pre face lift models, so I'm thinking the head lights and switch most have been swapped out !

I'm starting to agree with you. If I understand correctly, not guaranteed but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, the following should all come as an option pack and the car should have all of them or none of them:

• Rain sensor
  • Dimming rear mirror
  • Automatic rain-sensitive wipers (as opposed to the standard variable intermittent wipers)
  • Automatic headlights

Can you find someone near you in the VCDS section of the forum who can scan the car for you so you can post the scan? That will give people here a better idea of what the car should have. Alternatively, would you consider investing in a copy of VCDS? https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCV23.html

Edited by Papfox

I take it from your username you are South-Wales based? I will happily scan car for if you fancy a trip to Newport or Treforest. You can compare your car to my 08 pre fl l&k and try my switch to see if the hardware all works if you like. 

It does sound like someone has stripped the light switch out - even the Elegance had auto lights I believe.

Could it be that someone has tried to clone a written off L&K car, hence the V5 matching the registration number. May even have the engine from the L&K. I need to check if the V5 has a body number recorded, if so you could check your body matches.

Does it have Xenon headlights? 

Early UK L&K's (2007) don't get xenon headlights, they were added sometime in 2008.

On a 58 plate (late 2008) your L&K should have xenon headlights (no manual beam height adjustment knob adjacent to the headlight switch) and therefore automatic headlights.

Replacement xenon headlight clusters, their ballast and ignitors are hard to find and therefore expensive. The D1S bulbs are close to £50 each too.

It is likely the original headlights have been crash damaged, or failed for some reason and a previous owner has probably swapped them for cheaper halogens.

Or if the xenons are still in situ then perhaps the switch itself failed and was replaced with the wrong one?

No need for VCDS, stick your VIN in here, it tells you all the factory option codes fitted to your vehicle from new, with descriptions too so you don't have to decipher them one by one...

40 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

No need for VCDS, stick your VIN in here, it tells you all the factory option codes fitted to your vehicle from new, with descriptions too so you don't have to decipher them one by one...

Thanks everyone for You'r replies, I've just run the VIN number, and it's not a L&K it started life as OCTAVIA COMB.ELEGANCE, I'm waiting for Swansea to send me my v5 back, maybe another 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Some early UK L&K's (MkII Octavia & Superb) used a factory spec Elegance and were simply topped up with options to make them an L&K.

This might be why it says it's an L&K on the V5.

Edited by silver1011

42 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Some early UK L&K's (MkII Octavia & Superb) used a factory spec Elegance and were simply topped up with options to make them an L&K.

This might be why it says it's an L&K on the V5.

I hope this is the scenario and nothing more sinister, I guess I will have to live with it now.

Fitting auto lights is not a route I'm going to go down, as there is a myriad of other problems to resolve, starting with getting the heater to blow warm air, thankfully the heated seats are been put to good use.

If it makes you feel any beter, on Skoda Servicing printouts my vehicle is listed as a Scout 4x4 2.0 CR Elegance. 

First off all it has a 2.0 PD engine, and the Elegance has more kit than the Scout! 

I bought my 58 L&K from brand new and loaded it with every option bar the TPS & Columbus, and it definitely should have the kick plates and auto lights. If there's anything else you're not sure if it should come with give me a shout and I'll tell you yes or no.