stupidly drove over curb in car park in the snow

Didn't know it was there, hidden by the snow. Should have been more careful. Hit it hard enough to just about go over it, leaving it between the front and back wheels. Then managed to get the rear wheels over without too much trouble, but I'm wondering if I might have damaged anything - the wheels perhaps, but what about the underside? Can't get under to look because of the thick snow!

• Confused 1

Well yeah, of course, but what I mean is what kind of protection is there under there? Is anything known to be particularly vulnerable? Has anyone done the same in the past and what was the outcome?

Local garage isn't open because of the snow, and the conditions aren't good so I'm going to have to wait to go further afield.

Edited by snowathlete

2 hours ago, snowathlete said:

Has anyone done the same in the past and what was the outcome?

Yip Me 
2 years ago I was driving along a road very badly lit with vans parked along one side of road and some Ar**hole had removed a kerbstone and placed it in the middle of the road 

My passenger side went over it on both sides.
Both glove-box lids and glasses holder lid came down with the impact.
Got out the car expecting to see a kerb shaped hole in both alloys but unbelievably they both survived as did the tyres.

Took both wheels off next day to check for damage on the inside rim but they were intact while they were off nipped them round to alloy wheel place to re-straighten them and then realigned my wheels  which were only slightly out.   And no damage to underside at all:clap:
I think the 18" Sirius wheels are made from indestructiblearium :rolleyes:  

• Like 2

me too...not quite a Kerb but a steel wheel stop on loading bays suitably sized to stop trailer wheels.

'02 C5 workhorse, had to move car,  'didn't see' it  :ph34r: just heard the thud and ended up with front wheel the other side and destroyed the tyre. jacked it up, spare on and declined the offer of a forklift truck to remove it....good 'ol C5 hydraulic suspension on highest setting and reversed it off.

only damage was to the plastic trim and a slight crease of the seam at bottom of sill.

Q8hhDQM.jpg

there is always someone out there more stupid, i'll take the claim unless someone can say otherwise?  :D

Edited by olduns
  • Haha 3

You're an honest bunch. I thought someone else must have done something stupid like me but wasn't sure anyone would admit to it. I feel very reassured. I'll obviously take it to a garage when I can and get it checked over - will report back.

• Like 1

Once it's light take a look at the sill. You can do this on your hands and knees.

I'd imagine an impact to the sill would make a hellish bang.

I've bounced up a hidden kerb under snow before, but the snow actually cushioned the impact. No damage, just felt a bit daft and was more concerned incase someone had seen me do it :D