Headlight Washers

Hi, i have searched throught the settings on the display but cannot find a way of switching the headlight washer off when you use the windscreen washer (headlights are on BTW).

Other than switching headlights off and then clean the screen is there a way of switching off the auto headlight wash funciton?

Thanks

If you have xenon lights then you shouldn’t switch these off, it’s a legal requirement to have them and although they get through some screenwash it is worth it for everyone else as the scattered beam pattern from dirty xenons is awful to look at. 

But yes, it’s possible in OBDEleven/VCDS but I highly recommend altering the setting to clean the lights with a 2 second pull of the stalk rather than turning them off for the reasons above.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

If you have xenon lights then you shouldn’t switch these off, it’s a legal requirement to have them and although they get through some screenwash it is worth it for everyone else as the scattered beam pattern from dirty xenons is awful to look at. 

But yes, it’s possible in OBDEleven/VCDS but I highly recommend altering the setting to clean the lights with a 2 second pull of the stalk rather than turning them off for the reasons above.

HI Sasha, I want to enable the second pull to clean the headlights.  I've tried looking but can't find the coding to do this, you don't happen to know where I can find this do you?  

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Banjaminion said:

Hi, i have searched throught the settings on the display but cannot find a way of switching the headlight washer off when you use the windscreen washer (headlights are on BTW).

Other than switching headlights off and then clean the screen is there a way of switching off the auto headlight wash funciton?

Thanks

What I find annoying is when you have spent hours cleaning the car, then the bonnet get covered in screenwash due to the headlamp washers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stanian said:

What I find annoying is when you have spent hours cleaning the car, then the bonnet get covered in screenwash due to the headlamp washers.

I'm exactly the same!  So annoying!!

1 hour ago, SM8475 said:

HI Sasha, I want to enable the second pull to clean the headlights.  I've tried looking but can't find the coding to do this, you don't happen to know where I can find this do you?  

Thanks!

Headlamp washers Delay
Go into [09] Central Electronics
Go into Security Access and enter 31347
Go to adaptation channels and set the following:
Type "Windshield wiper:"
select "SRA Verzoegerungszeit:" 
set to "2000 ms" or whatever value you want :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Headlamp washers Delay
Go into [09] Central Electronics
Go into Security Access and enter 31347
Go to adaptation channels and set the following:
Type "Windshield wiper:"
select "SRA Verzoegerungszeit:" 
set to "2000 ms" or whatever value you want :) 

Aw thanks @SashaGrace that’s brill!

They're a pain in this weather. Sub-zero temps combined with dirty (grit+salt) roads = multiple washes of the windscreen = headlamp washers frozen in the extended position for the rest of the 2+hr journey.:angry:

Mine used to wash every 10th pull and I adjusted it to every 4th so they activate more often with lights on.  I find the feature very useful and effective.  With a trade card the 'suitable to -20 screen wash concentrate' in 5 litre format is only £5 at Halfords.  I dilute 3 parts water to 1 part concentrate.

Even in -8  I've never had the washers frozen in upright position but you do get frozen foam down the wings.