VCDS/OBDeleven - Increased sensitivity of the throttle pedal

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has done this mod from Superb forums. I saw someone mentioning it that it applies to us(octavia) as well but I'm not sure.
Has anyone tried it ?

Cheers !

Thanks to Shahoff

Increased sensitivity of the throttle pedal

Controller 01- Engine

07 - Coding 

Byte 0, Bit 0-2,

Change from Škoda (01) to AUDI (02) this will dramatically reduce lag on pressing accelerator pedal.

Std:

Engine_zpse6seoaca.jpg

Change to:

Engine%20Audi_zpsyutyfzox.jpg

If like me and many other owners you think the std throttle response is pretty dead, then this will dramatically change the way the car drives, the power is now instant just like on other cars.

IMO this is the best free mod you can do!

I have both applied to my 2.0tdi dsg and it's soooooo much better now. Not sure which had the most effect but the 'box holds gears much longer and is more sensitive to how hard to press the go pedal (progressively longer the more throttle you give).

Audi coding didn't work on my MY14 2.0 TDI (DSG) but the steering assist coding works like a charm. The trottle pedal sensitivity is sooo much better especially in the 0-50% range.

Thats great to hear.
Its a bit weird tho that the audi coding works on some cars(MarkyG82 and doesnt not on others(aki78) ... ?! Weird.

So the steering assist also changes the steeting wheel right ? Is this something we want ?

I prefer the heavier steering so no problemo. :)

My steering wheel is still set to 'sport' mode, it's even heavier but I like it.

'Audi' coding didn't change anything in my case but caused 2 fault codes on my ABS module which I couldn't delete. Maybe my ABS module doesn't support that coding.

Edited by aki78

9 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Or try with VCDS?

I have lost track of how many I have done (20+) and they have all worked.

No all of them...

I've posted here already then when I tried the Audi coding with VCDS on my Elegance both the ABS and ACC stopped working, so I had to revert back to the Skoda coding.

1 hour ago, PetrolDave said:

No all of them...

I've posted here already then when I tried the Audi coding with VCDS on my Elegance both the ABS and ACC stopped working, so I had to revert back to the Skoda coding.

+1 on this, same for me. Worked fine for others though.

3 minutes ago, fat4l said:

yeah its not worth of getting it then if ABS etc stops working :D

Ill get Racechip XRL and thats it !

You can try it and see what happens, worst case you can just revert it back. It's worked for a number of people, but for others it doesn't. Not sure if anyone ever worked out why.

I did this jut now (control over threshold) on my Octavia FL. 1.4 TSI. While indeed you a reduced lag, the car becomes a bit jerky. Did not really like it. I got use to the smoothness of the time increment and when I want the pedal to feel responsive I use SPORT from the driving mode button. And it’s better then this adaption.... just my thoughts...

Edited by ccosmin

• 5 years later...