Interior LEDs not working.

Fisheyonadishey

Evening everyone,

So after nearly 2 years without a yeti, I missed it so much, I bought another one today! 2017 L and K 2.0 150. It's like going home! But so much better than the last one! Except that one of the things I missed was the tiny interior LEDs at the front on the interior light cluster, and they're not working! I've been through the options in the car, and searched this site, but can't find anything about them. Anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Simon

You might not have them if you have a sunroof. Some owner's say they glared into the rear view mirror.

Edited by RickT

The panel is repositioned because of the roof. There is a post on here some owners suggested blanking them with tape or bluetack because there was no way to switch them off. It seems a shame to have to do that as I think they are useful.

They are disabled if you have a panoramic roof. The mirror is lower to accommodate the roof, so they would shine on the mirror.

Edited by WFM

Search the forum for 'cat's eyes' - the topic has come up a number of times over the years. it isn't just having the pano roof that means no lights, if I remember correctly, it's a combination of the pano roof, alarm and rain/light sensor that is mounted between the mirror and the windscreen. The lights would be shining straight sown on the rear view mirror.

Three TIBETS all with pano roof etc and never a working cats eye!

Best time for the sunroof is actually this time of year to be honest, if you use it with the inside blind open it gives a lot more light inside the car on these short winter days. Under summer conditions it can be a bit bright inside the car if its sunny! I've got the blind open on my car for its last few weeks with me before it heads off to pastures new.