Alarm- flashing indicators no siren

theduke99

Hello 

I have a 57 plate roomster, I changed the over head plastic so it had the sunglasses space today and noticed I have all sensors for an alarm, so I locked the car with fob, opened door with key blade and waited 20 seconds,

indicators started to flash but no siren, what’s my next steps to get this working?

cheers dan 

You need to fit an alarm siren and wiring, which isn't likely to be quite as simple as fitting the internal movement sensors.

It is usually located just behind the drivers side front wheel arch liner.

image.thumb.png.249e72b3767e794499e5570bc6ab440a.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/2007-SKODA-FABIA-1-4-Bosch-Anti-Theft-Alarm-Siren-Horn-1J0951605A-F005v00434/1223394760

2 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

You need to fit an alarm siren and wiring, which isn't likely to be quite as simple as fitting the internal movement sensors.

image.thumb.png.249e72b3767e794499e5570bc6ab440a.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/2007-SKODA-FABIA-1-4-Bosch-Anti-Theft-Alarm-Siren-Horn-1J0951605A-F005v00434/1223394760

Will I not already have the wiring and siren but siren could be dead ?  

Ah, so you didn't gain the internal sensors when you replaced the interior trim?

The car has always been fitted with an alarm and has always had the internal movement sensors?

The siren has an internal battery with a finite life, plus the sirens themselves are documented to fail.

If the hazards are flashing but the siren isn't sounding, my first port of call would be to inspect the siren.

Yeah sorry when I removed the overhead trim it had all the sensors in place.

so I need to find the siren check the internal battery.

where is the location of the siren ? 

Cheers dan 

Edited by theduke99

36 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I'm in this boat right now. Fairly easy to get to. You need to remove the wipers, the wiper cover panel, the plastic structural underpanel (egg-crate style) and it's then found just off-centre behind a black heavy metal shield that's riveted to the dashboard cowl panel.

I had to pull out the shield a bit to allow me to slide out the alarm.

Now, a new one will set you back around £140:

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Electronic_Siren_1J0951605A

Or you can pull it apart and replace the batteries. I pulled mine apart and found a mess inside. The PCB was shot. I had bought new batteries already, so I went out and bought another second hand siren. My reasoning was this:

• The siren has a finite shelf and active life.
  • I have no confidence that any new siren I buy will not have sat on a shelf for over 5 years or so, effectively putting out of service soon after I buy it.
  • A second-hand siren is normally around 10 years old or so, so it's batteries will probably be shot.
  • I have better confidence in buying fresh batteries as I know they are more relatively new.

My risk is that I will screw up the soldering in of the new batteries. I did a trial run on my old, shot PCB last weekend, and my confidence in my process has improved. I will take some photos as I do it and post them up this weekend.

Here's a recent post on the issue that I had input on:

Edited by Skoda_newby
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, theduke99 said:

Good guide, but the Roomster's alarm is mounted to the dash panel.

image.png.98cff053005880c9ce1b93faac2fff09.png

Edited by Skoda_newby
  • Thanks 1