Superb to Karoq

tigermad

I’m thinking about swapping my 2.0 tdi dsg Superb for the 1.6 tdi dsg karoq. I will add all the gadgets that I have on my L & K because I would miss them if I didnt have them. I have read a few peeps on here have gone from a Superb to Karoq and switched back again. Do you think I will be disappointed? I really wanted the1.5 petrol dsg but don’t want to take the risk with the problems it has. My dealer says he hasn’t heard of the problem, but I guess he would say that. 

1 minute ago, Kenny R said:

Surely a Karoq will be a step down from a Superb, a Kodiaq would have more similarities.

Unfortunately price with the extras is way too much. 

I don’t really think it is the 1.5 DSG that has a problem. The 1st gear problems are with the manual. You already have a DSG and it should be no different with the Karoq.

1 minute ago, mullcott said:

I don’t really think it is the 1.5 DSG that has a problem. The 1st gear problems are with the manual. You already have a DSG and it should be no different with the Karoq.

I’ve read the dsg has it too. Mines a 2.0 litre so that’s different

Can you do some test driving, with different 1.5 DSG Karoq if there are any in your area?

Mine is fine, I have adapted to the "ways of the DSG" now. Engine seems perfectly OK to me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

Can you do some test driving, with different 1.5 DSG Karoq if there are any in your area?

Mine is fine, I have adapted to the "ways of the DSG" now. Engine seems perfectly OK to me. 

Going for a test drive tomorrow. Will see if they have one. 

31 minutes ago, tigermad said:

I’m thinking about swapping my 2.0 tdi dsg Superb for the 1.6 tdi dsg karoq. I will add all the gadgets that I have on my L & K because I would miss them if I didnt have them. I have read a few peeps on here have gone from a Superb to Karoq and switched back again. Do you think I will be disappointed? I really wanted the1.5 petrol dsg but don’t want to take the risk with the problems it has. My dealer says he hasn’t heard of the problem, but I guess he would say that. 

Not sure what your budget is, but if you want the petrol, and are use to toys, have you considered the 2 litre petrol, also has the stronger DSG box

• Confused 2

33 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

Not sure what your budget is, but if you want the petrol, and are use to toys, have you considered the 2 litre petrol, also has the stronger DSG box

There isn’t a 2 litre petrol dsg?

It does it is a manual in SE L guise, either 2 or 4 wheel drive. What variant were you looking under though.

The Edition variant though is only 4X4 manual again 2.0ltr diesel as above.

Edited by Danny 57

54 minutes ago, tigermad said:

Nope only 1 litre and 1.5 petrol in UK

2.0 TSI DSG now available in UK in Sportline trim (4X4 only).  See configurator and price/spec sheet.

Sportline provides some extra goodies but others (eg Varioflex seats) are not.

Just now, Portman said:

2.0 TSI DSG now available in UK in Sportline trim (4X4 only).  See configurator and price/spec sheet.

Thanks just found that but mpg is too low for me. 

3 minutes ago, Danny 57 said:

It does it is a manual in SE L guise, either 2 or 4 wheel drive. What variant were you looking under though.

I was looking at the SEL. So it is dsg 4x4 or not in 2 litre?

2 hours ago, tigermad said:

I’ve read the dsg has it too. Mines a 2.0 litre so that’s different

The vast majority of 1.5 DSG users suffer no kangerooing, but they do suffer wheelspin setting off uphill and a certain lag when wanting to accelerate quickly when rolling up to a junction. I think this is just a quirk of the DSG gearbox which warrants a peculiar style of driving. I have had two DSG powered cars, both Yeti’s, one 2ltr diesel and a 1.2 Ltr petrol. Soon I will add a 1.5 DSG karoq to that list which I test drove prior to ordering and had no problems with kangerooing, hesitation or wheelspin. Enjoy your test drive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danny 57 said:

Thanks so the last one on the list is a manual? Funny it doesn’t have Man after it like the others. 

2 hours ago, tigermad said:

I really wanted the1.5 petrol dsg but don’t want to take the risk with the problems it has. My dealer says he hasn’t heard of the problem, but I guess he would say that. 

You might like to refer your dealer specifically to: TPI 2050744/6 

Then ask him why he was not aware of the problem - it's supposed to be his job to know.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Portman said:

And the 2 litre petrol 190 DSG is available in 4 versions of Seat Ateca (which is a sister car made on same production line) FR, FR sport, Xcelence and Xcelence Lux specs.   Possibly one of these specs is closer to what is required without having to add so many options.

And for those that want to be burn off the vRS brigade, there is always the Cupra Ateca with its 300 PS engine

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 18:48, Kenny R said:

Surely a Karoq will be a step down from a Superb, a Kodiaq would have more similarities.

We had a 2016 Superb SE with a few options and the quality of the interior was good, but our 2018 Karoq SEL looks and feels a more expensive place to sit (yes there are some hard plastics if you look for them) and friends with a Volvo XC60 (2016) and Mercedes GLC (2018) have said nice things about the Karoq when the only comment about the Superb was how long it was and how much rear legroom it had. They both cost around £23,500 OTR but the Karoq has a much higher standard spec so you don't really need to delve into the options list much perhaps just metallic and spare wheel are a good idea.:inlove: