05 Fabia classic HTP Central Locking issue (not remote)

bluedustyM

Hello, 

Just wondering if anyone knows if this car (05 Fabian classic Htp) should have central locking via turning key in lock (not remote), we have two keys of which none had a fob but when put into the drivers door it will only open the drivers door or passenger door. We are not sure if it ever had central locking because we have only owned it a short while (car was a bargain so this is a minor issue I was hoping we could sort of needed)

I was thinking that it should at least open the passenger and rear doors? The boot is on a release from inside so happy that it does not open this, also we can open all the other doors from inside so no major disaster.

Just wondering if it should open the other doors and if this potentially is an easy fix or is it going to be a pain in the arse ha ha. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry not sure what other info I could give to help the situation.

Thanks in advance

bluedustyM

4 hours ago, bluedustyM said:

Hi TBM, no it does not have that switch, I though that would have just been if the car had remote central locking. I did not think about it being for manual use also

Then you don't have central locking.

Ok thanks, the wife will just have to get used to it, don't think that will be a problem as she loves the car. Can't believe that central Locking even in manually turning the key in the lock was not standard in 2005 ha ha

2 minutes ago, bluedustyM said:

Ok thanks, the wife will just have to get used to it, don't think that will be a problem as she loves the car. Can't believe that central Locking even in manually turning the key in the lock was not standard in 2005 ha ha

Not standard on a Classic but you could have it as an optional extra of course.

11 hours ago, bluedustyM said:

One less thing to go wrong!