Citigo mapping

SkodadriverNI

I read that up to 3000rpm the 59 and 75 bhp engines have the same map, after that the fueling is restricted on the CHYA engine. So unless you rag it, you wouldn't notice a difference.

It would be interesting if the dyno plot above showed the "before" power as well.

Peter

Following by what I was told by mechanic, difference between 60bhp and 75bhp are mainly in the gearbox, different gearing ratios or/and final drive.

So mapping 60bhp engine will not affect the performance as much but I will definitely affect your fuel consumption.

Below is an original, unmapped power graph

post-89297-0-67966900-1375704813.png

My economy improved when I had my 60hp Mii tuned by Celtic Tuning.

https://www.celtictuning.co.uk/component/ctvc/seat/mii-2012/petrol/1-0-12v-59-bhp-2012-ECU-remap-chiptuning/stage-1?year=2012#t3-content

I didn't get the ultimate gains at high revs that they advertised and they did offer to put the old map back and have a refund.

But they increased the torque around 3000 revs which makes the car a better drive.

They've removed so called flat spot possibly? Yes the 60bhp engine lacks power slightly around 3k'ish rpm mark, but IMHO paying £££ to have that fixed? Nope I will live with it :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/02/2019 at 00:26, Vitas said:

To be honest, the 75 actually feels slightly slower above 70 compared to the 60. Again, because of gearing. I reckon a mapped 60 would be quicker than a mapped 75

60 has taller gearing so it could be a bit faster at high speed, but slower to accelerate. 

Edited by Emil

11 hours ago, greenstripe said:

Here's a link to the official specs for the Citigo with all the gear ratios for the different models - ignoring the automatics, there are three different sets 44kw, 50kw and 50kw Greentech hope this helps:

https://cdn.skoda-storyboard.com/2016/05/TD-CITIGO-en-1.pdf

is there a pdf like that on the mk2 fabia

found it

Edited by AMD87