Awesome Seat rolling road day

I've seen quite a few standard PD130 engined cars produce 129 - 131bhp at the flywheel, so I don't think it's the norm for one to produce 140+ as standard. Especially not if it's done less than 10k.

mine had done exactly 27600 miles at the time of the rolling road , so engine nice and loose :)

as stated hundreds of times before.

look at the jbs rr day and not one standard vrs produced more than 133 bhp iirc on their highly accurate rr.

the pd130 prodocues 130 bhp, not 140 and certainly not more than that.

look at the jbs rr day and not one standard vrs produced more than 133 bhp iirc on their highly accurate rr.

the pd130 prodocues 130 bhp' date=' not 140 and certainly not more than that.[/quote']

Certainly should do as it says on the tin ....

the pd130 prodocues 130 bhp' date=' not 140 and certainly not more than that.[/quote']

is that 133bhp at wheels ? or is that a clutch/flywheel figure . are you saying the awesome rollers are giving over optimistic hp figures ? some of the figures i saw on saturday seemed lower than what i expected for the amount of mods , but then i dont think anybody left unhappy at their figures :confused:

Well this was the first time on awesomes rolling road and the figures say 200 at the wheels 212 at the clutch with 271 torque,last time on jbs rolling road i got 205 at the wheels and 228 at the flywheel and 245 torque and although the flywheel/clutch and torque figures are different which you would expect cos its on different rollers on a different day where fuel,temps etc come into play but the wheel figure is pretty much the same so there doesn't seem to be much difference between the two at the wheels,but to be honest i don't think figures matter two much as long as your happy with how your car drives so i just take figures with a pinch of salt,i'll no doubt be going on jbs rollers as soon as they sort a day out and i'm sure the figures will be different again but i don't mind :P

It would appear that the whp figures are either bang on or too high due to the load of 8% on the day ... most people were happy with atw figure but not the fly figure ..... my Ibiza will be going back to James JBS) and checked out and then back on Awesomes rollers

Hi

It was good to meet you all on saturday.

Although it was a bit busy I did manage to meet a few of you.

Some old faces (meaning old friends) and some new ones.

I do hope that this will not be the last time we see some of you and look forward to meeting you all again

Sarah

I think there's definetely some problems with the load settings that Awesome are using for running the diesels. The figures for the Fabia vRS quoted in this thread aren't the only strange ones from the day. A standard Ibiza Cupra PD160 made 175bhp at the wheels. :rolleyes:

I've read on another forum that Jim is looking into and admits something isn't right and has offered a free RR run to the owner of the Cupra.

I think there's definetely some problems with the load settings that Awesome are using for running the diesels. The figures for the Fabia vRS quoted in this thread aren't the only strange ones from the day. A standard Ibiza Cupra PD160 made 175bhp at the wheels. :rolleyes:

I've read on another forum that Jim is looking into and admits something isn't right and has offered a free RR run to the owner of the Cupra.

You can just say that its on SEAT Car Club as most people know anyway :thumbup:

You can just say that its on SEAT Car Club as most people know anyway :thumbup:

Was going to say that :)

Was shocked by the results from the Cupra. REVO and celtic remap on a fabia vrs at Awesome make around 170-175bhp@fly.

Was going to say that :)

Was shocked by the results from the Cupra. REVO and celtic remap on a fabia vrs at Awesome make around 170-175bhp@fly.

Will have to see what comes back from Awesome about that particular car as I wouldnt have thought it was around 204 fly :rolleyes:

so what a few people are saying is that a standard vrs with pd160 intake and green filter should'nt make 133whp , the bloke from awesome says on the seat forum that nearly all the standard vrs hes put on the rollers came out with 140-145 clutch hp , mine had 145 clutch hp , so is in his standard car tolerances .175 whp from the ibiza pd160 does sound high but then that could just be an anomoly and hes going to get another go on the rollers , it would be interesting to find out what figures he has after his second session and if they do vary considerably from his first set i will be the first to admit that my figures that day may be wrong , optimistic , whatever you may call it .but i'm happy with my figures and they way the car was run on the rollers by awesome