Failed rear middle and right side brake lights

hi guys, 

I just brought a 2006 1.9tdi octavia estate, when I brought it all was working fine except a front side light and a rear brake light I changed the rear bulb and I changed the front side lights for can bus leds, 

anyway I noticed today when I drive the car bulb out warning light on dash so I checked and my middle and rear right side brake lights are not working , also my front side lights have also stopped working only around 2 weeks old bulbs, 

I ran my ross tech and its shows electrical fault in circuit ,, does anyone have any knowledge where I can look for a bad connection here as I have no idea,  I tried the test with vcds and it was showing 100% power going through to the brake lights but only one left side is actually working, 

can anyone please advise why 2 brake lights are out and why the front sides are also out now, 

where. do I start looking, 

many thanks in advance

17 minutes ago, AGFalco said:

With some LED bulbs they only work one way round.

Have you tried them with the polarity the other way round?

Thanks AG Falco

they were working, I shall try turning them tomorrow, they are only in the front sidelights, would this have anything to do with making my 2 brake lights non functional also?

thanks

Don't think so, but don't assume anything.

Don't assume a new bulb still works.

First check every bulb out of the car to see if they are working.

Also try the working bulbs in different positions to see if it is the bulb holder/connection.

Thanks AG Falco

ok all fixed, I checked the rear bulb and it had fallen out of the holder, so put new bulb in and all 3 brake lights now working, the led seems to have a bad connection as I have to tap the light in centre to make it work some times,  but the brake lights ok now, 

as for the front side lights no warning light is coming on dash for these so I am not concerned with them not working, 

thanks guys 

1 hour ago, alesypalsy said:

as for the front side lights no warning light is coming on dash for these so I am not concerned with them not working, 

thanks guys 

If each bulb has a resistor to defeat the bulb out warning then it will do this even if the bulb has been fitted the wrong way round.

Light emitting diodes only work with the positive on the correct terminal so yours are probably the wrong way round, as previously mentioned.