225/40/18's to 235/40/18's

Auric Goldfinger

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Kerbing is only a problem if your brain stops working as kerbs do not move....ever.:blush

Tell that to my other half when she is streetside parking while there´s two screaming monkeys on the back seat ;) 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

If you are pretty competent and have time to park with full attention then it can be avoided, bit the reality is that for most people something means you're rushing and make an error at some point.

I'm pretty decent at parking and had my wheels refurbed on my Honda over a year ago, they have zero marks on them still now.  

However, I managed to graze a kerb in a multi storey car park in the wife's car a month or so ago, just going round a corner from the entrance.  Was so annoyed but when you're faffing with tickets and it's out of your vision then it's easily done.

Tbh newer cars are much harder to park I find, the visibility is terrible and you rely on sensors most of the time.  Older cars are far more basic but you can simply see what you're doing!

The Octavia has almost caught me out a few times as the steering lock is much tighter than I'm used to.