Memory Door control module - Mirror Dip in reverse

Hello everyone,

so lately (as the warranty is over) i've been fiddling with all sorts of stuff in the car , and i've come across VCDS and all it can do , and the option i couldn't get to work was mirror dip in reverse, while i have the option, the dipping isn't as low as it should be and returning to position isn't accurate. I've searched in this forum too and a lot of people seem to be having the same issue without solution, however i found something i am willing to try i just need help figuring out the part number, to get the function to work i need a door control module from an Octavia with memory as mine don't (and yes it works even without memory seats but the door control needs to be one with memory).

The guy who did the VCDS activation on my car ( didn't do it alone because i'm still new to this and did not want to break anything ) told me he would try a door control module from an MK7 Golf and an Mk3 Leon. And so he did starting with the Golf one , the dip function worked and returned to its position just like if it was factory except....it was reversed, when choosing Reverse the mirror would dip upwards and then return to normal position after. Having classified that as a fail, he tried the Leon one, again, it worked, but now the mirror was closed while the driver side was open, and vice versa if we tried to close the driver side.

I don't know if he got the wrong part number as i did not ask for the MK7 Golf module but i found on the Golf Forums that the correct one  is J387 module - 5Q4 959 592.

So if anybody has an idea about the correct part coming from an Octavia with Mirror dip from factory it would be greatly appreciated, Cheers!

The mirror memory on the Octavia comes with memory seats. I have the higher spec door controllers in my car now following my folding mirror retrofit and the passenger door part number is 5Q0959592B which also corresponds with Golf’s, A3’s and Leon’s. I still can’t get the memory function to work correctly.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

The mirror memory on the Octavia comes with memory seats. I have the higher spec door controllers in my car now following my folding mirror retrofit and the passenger door part number is 5Q0959592B which also corresponds with Golf’s, A3’s and Leon’s. I still can’t get the memory function to work correctly.

So i guess using a Golf one should work, the part number that will make the memory function work has a 5Q4...while yours has a 5Q0..., but at least now i know they share the same part number, thanks!

Edit : i guess the question can be turned to : can you reverse the dipping direction of the mirror/ can you fix having one mirror close while the other opens? 

Edited by MagL3V
  • Like 1

I wasn’t aware of that. I might have to look for a 5Q4 door controller as I could really do with the memory function working on the mirror dip. If I find a cheap one I’ll get it and code it and let you know. With my 5Q0 ones the mirrors both fold properly and they came from the same car the mirrors came from.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I wasn’t aware of that. I might have to look for a 5Q4 door controller as I could really do with the memory function working on the mirror dip. If I find a cheap one I’ll get it and code it and let you know. With my 5Q0 ones the mirrors both fold properly and they came from the same car the mirrors came from.

Link for the Golf Mk7 forums with the post in case you need more info : https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7542

• Thanks 1

Interesting. Looks like both 5Q4 door controllers may be needed, some say the B ones work, some say they don’t and others say that they have got the memory function going with 5Q0959592B door controllers and I can confirm that mine don’t remember the setting. Strange. Maybe I need to try the coding again before I get too hasty.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Interesting. Looks like both 5Q4 door controllers may be needed, some say the B ones work, some say they don’t and others say that they have got the memory function going with 5Q0959592B door controllers and I can confirm that mine don’t remember the setting. Strange. Maybe I need to try the coding again before I get too hasty.

That would make sense because when i replaced mine with the Golf 7 or Leon i only replaced 1 door and the mirrors did weird thing, i asked the guy about the part number if he confirms it's the 5Q4 959 592 then i guess i definitely need both control modules for it to work , i will keep you posted, thanks!

Edit : it is indeed the 5Q4 959 592 of the Mk7 Golf that i've tried on my car, so i guess the option left to try is add another one for the driver door and try again, which means  no need to get the part if you're only getting one i can confirm it will show you the sky instead of where to park . 

Edited by MagL3V
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Yes, you need a 7 pin memory mirror motor pinned into the door controllers and coded to work. I’ve now done it on my car and will be fitting another pair of folding mirrors with reverse drop memory for someone this week.

Amazing, Can you give me any more details ?

I'm not bothered about folding mirrors (well not for £150 a pair anyway)

i did check your Octavia mod thread but didn't see this mentioned in there.

I have a proper Ross-Tech VCDS cable and have already activated the dipping mirror but as most people report it doesn't dip enough, does it need any further coding than what I have had to do to enable the "poor mans" version of this ?

Edited by MassiveJim

Fitting folding and memory mirrors, what sort of price range for this upgrade?

Mine are currently the standard heated glass.

Kev

13 hours ago, MassiveJim said:

Amazing, Can you give me any more details ?

I'm not bothered about folding mirrors (well not for £150 a pair anyway)

i did check your Octavia mod thread but didn't see this mentioned in there.

I have a proper Ross-Tech VCDS cable and have already activated the dipping mirror but as most people report it doesn't dip enough, does it need any further coding than what I have had to do to enable the "poor mans" version of this ?

Yeah, you need the 7 pin motor from the passenger side. Many different VAG part numbers will work, mine is from a Superb 3V and is also used in the Audi A8. I took the wiring loom from the donor Superb mirror but you can get them on AliExpress loose to plumb in yourself. I don’t know if they will work with the 392/393 door controllers or if you need 592/593 ones. Coding is the same as it is to activate it in the first place but you need to tick memory mirror installed as well. I’d link you to an AliExpress one but I have no experience of them and I would image the passenger side ones are LHD so I would be scouring eBay for a donor LH mirror from a Skoda with 15 pins even if it’s missing some parts and you can cannibalise from that. 

11 hours ago, DEZMONDE said:

Fitting folding and memory mirrors, what sort of price range for this upgrade?

Mine are currently the standard heated glass.

Kev

It’s hard to say as it depends on what I can buy the parts in for but I can usually do folding with reverse drop for £400 supply and fit and folding auto dimming with reverse drop for £550 supply and fit.

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Yeah, you need the 7 pin motor from the passenger side. Many different VAG part numbers will work, mine is from a Superb 3V and is also used in the Audi A8. I took the wiring loom from the donor Superb mirror but you can get them on AliExpress loose to plumb in yourself. I don’t know if they will work with the 392/393 door controllers or if you need 592/593 ones. Coding is the same as it is to activate it in the first place but you need to tick memory mirror installed as well. I’d link you to an AliExpress one but I have no experience of them and I would image the passenger side ones are LHD so I would be scouring eBay for a donor LH mirror from a Skoda with 15 pins even if it’s missing some parts and you can cannibalise from that. 

It’s hard to say as it depends on what I can buy the parts in for but I can usually do folding with reverse drop for £400 supply and fit and folding auto dimming with reverse drop for £550 supply and fit.

Thanks Sasha

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Thanks for that Sasha,

Did you need another door controller then or did the standard one work ?

I've found a guide for a Golf that only used the replacement motor but obviously that was a golf not an octavia

It is that simple, just remove the round wheel and swap for a flat one. The buttons are compatible all the way through. A lot of owners with early vRS with the round wheel change for flat bottom and it really is that simple, honest. Adding the buttons is different but the wheel itself is just replace like for like.

So the latest  Karoq Sportline has 5Q4-959-592-K and 593 Controllers but though coded still don't work ..... any one else tried this or do I need the B versions...