Wiper motor

Breezy

Just wondering if others have fairly loud wiper motors? Ive only used the windscreen wipers half a dozen time since collecting my Karoq and up until now the motor hasnt made any discernable noise. This morning the motor was making a whining noise which was rather intrusive, also notice that the bottom of the drivers side wiper seems to pucker and twist across even a wet window.

Anyone care to comment?

When I first got the Karoq I was surprised at how “noisy” the wipers were across the screen. Normally in a brand new car they are totally silent. Just surprised as it sounded like a two year old car. 

33 minutes ago, Simcock said:

When I first got the Karoq I was surprised at how “noisy” the wipers were across the screen. Normally in a brand new car they are totally silent. Just surprised as it sounded like a two year old car. 

Probably wax or other contaminant on the screen.

12 minutes ago, SizzlingPotato said:

It is surprising how an entity in the VAG group can't get something like wipers right and we trust it with our lives on the roads :o

Have you inspected the blades for damage from ice etc and replace the blades  if required. And have you cleaned the windscreen to remove and wax residue or contaminants?

2 hours ago, Kenny R said:

Have you inspected the blades for damage from ice etc and replace the blades  if required. And have you cleaned the windscreen to remove and wax residue or contaminants?

Yes, car only had 500miles on and wipers probably used twice since new. Just done a couple of hundred mile trip and used them again, noise now gone.

14 minutes ago, Breezy said:

Yes, car only had 500miles on and wipers probably used twice since new. Just done a couple of hundred mile trip and used them again, noise now gone.

My response you’ve quoted was in reply to SizzlingPotatoes comments.

Good to hear your problems resolved though.

Edited by Kenny R

3 hours ago, Kenny R said:

Will give that a go. I never use it on ice but hmmm my wife :wondering: 

• 2 weeks later...

My right hand windscreen wiper blade left a smear at top right & bottom left of the 'screen, & despite thorough cleaning with meths, white vinegar etc, it didn't improve. A call to my dealership (Mitchell's, Cheshire Oaks) & they offered to replace with new ones FOC. At the same time they replaced the 12v sockets fuse which I had blown ( a long story !), again FOC. What a refreshing change to get such great service ( my local dealers are cr*p !), & well worth the 130 mile round trip.

As a footnote, just WHY is accessibility to the fuse box in the glove compartment so difficult ? I gave up trying fearing I would cause damage ! 

4 minutes ago, JKW said:

As a footnote, just WHY is accessibility to the fuse box in the glove compartment so difficult ? I gave up trying fearing I would cause damage ! 

It’s not as difficult as it might first seem, forget the damper, the two stops that stop the bin are sprung loaded and just need pushing in, I do ‘em one at a time and the damper just slides out as the bin is lowered.

23 hours ago, Berisford said:

It’s not as difficult as it might first seem, forget the damper, the two stops that stop the bin are sprung loaded and just need pushing in, I do ‘em one at a time and the damper just slides out as the bin is lowered.

Thanks for that - next time I'll definitely do it the way you suggest, I might even have a practice now !

• Like 1