High mileage

Nemutai

As there are now a few Karoks approaching a year old, have any of you racked up high miles in the first 12 months? After close to 2,000 miles in the first month due to a holiday in Scotland, I’m still only on 5,600 miles total.

Who has the highest mileage and how have the servicing costs been?

240 Euro / £200 is a Rip Off for a first Service. Even if called a Major Service..

The 2nd Major Service will have the car getting a Air Filter, Fuel Filter or Spark Plugs replaced or should do.

All Oil Changes are Full Oil & Filter changes with Long Life Oil. 

So just the same as a 1 year Fixed Service @ 9,400 miles (10,000) / 15,000 - 16,000 km. 372 days. 

The only difference might be a Pollen Filter @ 2 years, and likely not at 1 year and 30,000 km.

14 hours ago, Skoffski said:

240 Euro / £200 is a Rip Off for a first Service. Even if called a Major Service.

Seems so. I'm in the eurozone (Ireland) and we are not known for being cheap.

Using the dealer, Minor Service (i.e. first service) here is €149 and the Major Service is €209 on the Karoq

Anyone putting in a car and paying their money should ask.

'At 12 months or sooner what more parts / consumables are you using if the car has done 9,400 miles or 18,000 miles,

and is there more time spent servicing if the car has done 9,400 miles or 18,000 miles since being built and had a PDI.?'

• Like 1

On 13/03/2019 at 05:45, FrankfurtDave said:

I hit 30,000 KM / 18641 miles yesterday and just had the first service. Here in Germany it came to 240 Euros / 200 GBP as it needed a full oil change.

A full oil change? As opposed to what?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

@FrankfurtDave

Out of interest (just nosy), what engine does your Karoq have &  did the invoice show they used VW504/507 or VW508/509 oil?

so 5w 30 FS LL or 0w 20 FS LL.

I have the 1.5 with DSG. I just checked the bill and it simply said "Motoröl VW 508 00" - 100 Euros for 4 units.

From searching around I can see that this is SAE 0W-20

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, FrankfurtDave said:

I have the 1.5 with DSG. I just checked the bill and it simply said "Motoröl VW 508 00" - 100 Euros for 4 units.

From searching around I can see that this is SAE 0W-20

That's a hefty price for 4 litres of oil......does that include VAT?

€100, nice round number......

Edited by xman

21 minutes ago, xman said:

That's a hefty price for 4 litres of oil......does that include VAT?

€100, nice round number......

100 was rounded, think it was actually 104 but I do not have bill with me.

no VAT/mwst would have been added at the end of the bill :-)

20 minutes ago, Davey9 said:

i was under the impression new cars need a service every year so the warranty wont void.i may have heard wrong.

You heard wrong. They require servicing according to vehicle servicing requirements which is not necessarily every year. And warranty is only potentially voided if the fault is directly attributable to lack of correct servicing or maintenance. As defined by EU law. So, for instance, even if you do no servicing at all, if your electric window fails during the warranty period, they still have to fix it foc as it has nothing to do with regular servicing.

Hope you understand what I'm getting at.

Skoda / VW Group Warranty says. 'Serviced to manufacturers guidelines',  not even Manufacturers schedule.

Guidelines not easy to find,  VW Group even not so sure from year to year nor Main Dealership Employees / Approved Repairers.

Skoda / VW Group should make Guidelines / Schedules / Advice very clear.

Not the Oil & Filter, but the Gearboxes / Diifs, 4x4 systems etc.

Then clearly about global differences on guidelines for Water Pumps / Belts, Chains / tensioners etc.

So anyway.

Cars leave the factory in Europe on Variable Service Intervals for the EU. Other than UP!MiiCitigo. 

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes