ACC quirk....

Berisford

Anyone else have this 'quirk' with their ACC?

Distance set to middle point - all behaves well - matches the speed and distance of the car in front very smoothly until he wants to turn of - we slow down nicely keeping a comfortable distance until the point he actually turns off and then, with a clear road in front, instead of resuming the cruise our Karoq starts braking heavily as though it intends to stop - a quick flick of the lever regains my control but it's alarming. 

Happened both times I've used the ACC.

Its a known issue and is a design limitation.

In effect a false alarm. It usually only brakes briefly (<1 sec) until the car turning is out of the radar zone.

It wakes you up though!

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xman said:

Its a known issue and is a design limitation.

In effect a false alarm. It usually only brakes briefly (<1 sec) until the car turning is out of the radar zone.

It wakes you up though!

In motor trade lingo I think it’s “characteristic of the model”! It certainly does wake you up the first time it happens but it’s the only niggle I have found with the fantastic ACC system. I have had standard cruise control on many cars but the adaptive cruise is a system once you have used it you’ll find it hard to do without it. 

• Like 1

Yes happened a few times to me and I have just accepted it, I am a little more aware now and try to prepare for it. Still makes me jump if I have forgotten about the feature... :blush

10 hours ago, xman said:

It wakes you up though!

Certainly woke the guy behind me up, as this little vignette was developing the lights at the junction were changing to red, despite it being amber I was going through but the guy behind (who should have stopped in all fairness) decided he was coming too, so he's picking up and my ACC is coming down rapidly, close!

Ummmm Acc on while going through traffic lights, not tried that, brave...

I will use it on long stop start ques of traffic as I have traffic assistant and motorway and other roads where long stretches but not in situation where traffic lights and junctions...

2 hours ago, MJ1 said:

Ummmm Acc on while going through traffic lights, not tried that, brave...

It's no more complicated to press the brake if the lights change than it would be if I was driving through normally...….