"light assist"

Hi there, 

Does anyone out there know if the light assist tick box on the settings for the lights is purely for turning on/off the high beam assist. 

Just wondering as I find the auto high beam very poor when on country roads which is my main commute. I don't want to turn any other features off unwittingly 

Thanks 

Cannot get to my car at the moment, but it was under some settings on headunit - how do the high beam switch on - early, normal or late (or something similar).

Can check it out tomorrow.

Edited by linni

7 minutes ago, linni said:

Cannot get to my car at the moment, but it was under some settings on headunit - how do the high beam switch on - early, normal or late (or something similar).

Can check it out tomorrow.

There is a early, normal or late option to change the sensitivity of when the auto headlights switch on, don’t know about light assist I haven’t got that.

Mhm....maybe I mixed these two things?

Will check out tomorrow.

Anyway, the easiest way to switch off the auto high beam is to turn off the headlight switch from Auto position.

Edited by linni

On 19/03/2019 at 06:45, jamesdevon said:

Just wondering as I find the auto high beam very poor when on country roads which is my main commute

Country roads as in slow, narrow, bendy ones? If so, you're a bit stuck I'm afraid. The high-beams won't automatically activate until 60kph (38mph), and there's no way to change this through any menu option. However, according to the manual, the speed is 40kph in some countries, which means it is probably software controlled and thus altered via VCDS or similar (this is just a thought, I have no idea if it is possible or not!).

2 minutes ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Country roads as in slow, narrow, bendy ones? If so, you're a bit stuck I'm afraid. The high-beams won't automatically activate until 60kph (38mph), and there's no way to change this through any menu option. However, according to the manual, the speed is 40kph in some countries, which means it is probably software controlled and thus altered via VCDS or similar (this is just a thought, I have no idea if it is possible or not!).

Well it's normally an A road which is quite a decent road so can do above 38mph. But yes I did wonder why on the tiny B roads they don't come on. Now I know :thumbup:

It's mainly just the fact they seem very slow to react to oncoming traffic and also slow to come back on after they've passed. 

It doesn't overly bother me. Only the other car we have is a 3 series and that has auto lights which are really good (xenon not led though) 

Just don't want to turn any other features off if I uncheck that box.