1.2 110 sounds like a v6 engine.

Hi. 

Enginecode cyvb. 1.2 110 2016 Style. 

I have a sound from engine when accelerating, its sounds like When we were Kids ridning bikes with something in the whel (Hope you know what I Mean) 

Its only when accelerating and its loudest When engine is cold but it still there at engineoil 90deg.

Skoda can't find the problem and has given up. I got a new gearbox, no luck. 

Do any of you have an idea? 

I have wastegate clip on, no luck. 

I have uploadet a sounclip on YouTube. 

Thx for helping

Brian 

Denmark. 

42 minutes ago, BMGoose said:

Hi. 

Enginecode cyvb. 1.2 110 2016 Style. 

I have a sound from engine when accelerating, its sounds like When we were Kids ridning bikes with something in the whel (Hope you know what I Mean) 

Its only when accelerating and its loudest When engine is cold but it still there at engineoil 90deg.

Skoda can't find the problem and has given up. I got a new gearbox, no luck. 

Do any of you have an idea? 

I have wastegate clip on, no luck. 

I have uploadet a sounclip on YouTube. 

Thx for helping

Brian 

Denmark. 

Is the noise only there when driving, or can you sit in neutral and make it?

Edited by Saints92

9 minutes ago, BMGoose said:

Only when drivning and accelerating 

Which to me would suggest it's a moving part that's moving excessively when it's under load.

It's really hard to tell from just a video, but its definitely not right. It might be one where you have to strip things down before it becomes obvious what it actually is. 

I wouldnt be surprised if someone else on this forum has had the same issue and resolved it, hopefully they see the thread and comment.

46 minutes ago, xman said:

What is a wastegate clip?

Have you checked the exhaust for leaks? Or if you bought it like that, could a modified exhaust?

IT came after I bought it. I haven checked mutch myself, it was under warranty, last time they had it nearly 4 weeks and changded the gearbox. 

Is the air filter properly in place ? Check the air filter box is sealed properly and associated pipework all clipped closed, might be a clip missing allowing pipe to open. Check for damage, splits. Likewise boost pipework.

Out of balance under power, might be a weak spark plug or ignition coil. Could be a weak injector.

Check the v belt vibration absorber.

25 minutes ago, xman said:

Is the air filter properly in place ? Check the air filter box is sealed properly and associated pipework all clipped closed, might be a clip missing allowing pipe to open. Check for damage, splits. Likewise boost pipework.

Out of balance under power, might be a weak spark plug or ignition coil. Could be a weak injector.

Check the v belt vibration absorber.

I have just orderd New plugs. Can I loosen the belt, take it of and take it for a Quick spin or will that destroy anything? 

https://www.tinwis.com/items/182132179082-runner-flap-delete-swirl-flap-flaps-set-for-20-tfs.html

i would have said more of an issue on TFSIs, they can make  a lot of noise if they go wrong. i agree with the above poster is much more likely to be an exhaust as in my case, yes it was diesel but similar principle

• 2 years later...

Old topic, i know.

But was this resolved after all? Or does someone else have this and resolved where it comes?

I have -16 octavia 1.2 CYVB and it does sound like on that video, but less metallic.