cruise control.

Hi, I used my cruise control yesterday for the 1st time on the M5 . I thought that it dropped out automatically when you braked like my old Focus

Any way parked the car and next day it would not rev above 2500 rpm.  Played with the cruise control and i got full revs again.

Today its done the same and no amount of switching off  the C/C will let me exceed 2500RPM   ?

Cheers For Any Help

That's normal. 

It will rev above 2500rpm when you're moving though!

BTW it does cancel when you brake unless you have ACC and then the car will brake or resume automatically.

Edited by john999boy

Yes it will rev to 2500 then just hold those revs in P or N.   Switched the CC off then its was ok . Now and again it has refused to change up to 5 or 6 unless i use the paddle's usually when cold.  Just had its 2nd DSJ oil change at 86K.

59 minutes ago, Cap44 said:

Yes it will rev to 2500 then just hold those revs in P or N.   Switched the CC off then its was ok . Now and again it has refused to change up to 5 or 6 unless i use the paddle's usually when cold.  Just had its 2nd DSJ oil change at 86K.

Sounds like you've set the Limit speed rather than the Cruise Control .........

Hi thanks for the info, i did not know it had one? I only set the CC at 50mph for the variable speed limits on the M6.  and it was fine the day after then just came back on its own.

These thing's are a bit complicated and im on a steep learning curve.   Last auto i drove was a Borg Warner 35 in a "E" type Jag 35 years back!!!!!