Dodgy umbrellas replaced on warranty?

So love the fact that we get 2 umbrellas with the Kodiaq and that the only other car I know which offers umbrellas in such away has a spirit of ecstasy on it’s bonnet! 

When I say I own a Kodiaq more than one person in the know has commented “is that the one with the umbrellas in the door?” :)

Anyway as great a “selling point” the umbrellas are it’s not so “simply clever” when the quality of them are not great.  I am 3 months into ownership and the one I have been using in the drivers door does not stay open.  As it’s an automatic umbrella it opens on the button press but will “auto close” while in use which obviously is not very good!!

Anyone had any success getting them replaced on warranty?

Shouldn't be much of an issue, requiring a Master Tech and a diagnostic.

Present the brolly at the Service Desk, the Service Manager can try it, talk to the warranty manager who can say they all do that. or never seen that before, 

they can talk to Skoda UK and get approval to replace.

Or they can just get a new Brolly in or posted out to you.

No point being 'Simply Clever' with broken bits.  They can meet Customers needs easily, broken brolly, replace it.

Or they could refuse the claim because they have no record of umbrella inspections being done during servicing.

10 hours ago, Iamholam said:

I am 3 months into ownership and the one I have been using in the drivers door does not stay open.  As it’s an automatic umbrella it opens on the button press but will “auto close” while in use which obviously is not very good!!

That'll be a characteristic then, not a warranty issue. :giggle:

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

Mine haven't left the doors since new!

Oh, and the MkII Superb launched in 2009 was the first Skoda with an umbrella in the door...

Related image

My car new since April 2012. Pulled the brolly out once to look at it. Think it is still there.:D

• Like 1