EV your choice £40k to £90k

vrskeith

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Volvo has launched its first all electric car in the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric priced from £53,155. I t produces 402bhp and 0-62mph (100kph) takes just 4.9 seconds. Volvo claims a range of 249 miles thanks to a 78kWh battery pack. UK deliveries begin in 2021.:happy:

• 1 month later...

Maybe time to get over the 20" wheels & the talk of price of replacements if you are only ever going to drive a loan car empty and trying to get 300 miles out of a charge around town....  Get a push bike with 29" wheels or maybe 20" on a folding bike.

Edited by Roottoot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
49 minutes ago, roottoot said:

I like that the iX3 does not shout EV and if no green flashes on the reg plate it might go un-noticed as one.

Not sure or £60,000 plus and rear wheel drive only. 

DSCN0701.JPG

DSCN0705.JPG

This is like the BMW 330E I saw today, even though it is a hybrid, I wouldn't have noticed it had anything but an ICE.

• 2 months later...

7 1/2 hours of Thomas in big EV's with not many people in them. 

About sums up how many big EV's are driven about.

The UK Chancellor needs to start implementing Congestion Charges & Road Duties on the weight of EV vehicles, widths and lengths.

Smart technology should be able to tell the road side equipment when a vehicles seats are unoccupied by a human persons bum.

Charge the vehicles driver extra on journeys for each seat unoccupied when in towns / cities etc. 

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, roottoot said:

Charge the vehicles driver extra on journeys for each seat unoccupied when in towns / cities etc. 

And if possible implement camera monitored HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lanes like many US cities with big fines for driver only vehicles using them.

• Like 2

John Prescott bus lanes were a failure.   COP26 had special routes/ Lanes for special people.     Proper road maintenance would be a good start.         Road tax bands for EV,s with how many pence per mile charged on the cars unladen weight will be the easiest using the technology almost available if actual GPS and / mobile and radio reception was available UK wide.  Which it is not.     EDIT,. A Google shows Philip Hammond MP had a more recently bus lane folly.  

Edited by roottoot

6 hours ago, roottoot said:

John Prescott bus lanes were a failure.

I'm not talking bus lanes, HOV means ANY vehicle with more than one occupant - car, bike, trike, bus, etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just ordered a BMW IX, the 40 which is the base spec, M sport trim - £74k. It's using my car allowance as I wanted to take advantage of the low BIK and is one of the very few new cars you can fit 3 full sized baby/toddler car seats on the back bench. There is no chance I would ever spend this amount of money on a car, let alone an electric one.

My thoughts on this is that it was the only one that felt "premium/different", and I had tried the Tesla 3 performance (good bye licence), the Jaguar I pace (didn't think anything of it), Mach E (quite liked this), E-tron 55 (fine, but boring, felt like my Q3 inside).

I had the IX for 4 days to try it out, range - no where near as stated, more like 200 miles and this was temps between 6-10C. I had times where the range would tank for no apparent reason. Luckily it's not needed for very long journeys, so not that concerned.

I don't know if this is my age, but modern car designs and interiors just don't do it for me, they're like clones of each other - boring and a bit tacky (diamond knobs/ copper plastic vents/ fake diffusers/ fake exhausts/ fake noises/ "soft plastic"/LED light bars)...I guess we get what we ask for. 

I've had my 3.6 superb for about 5 days and I'd sooner jump into that than anything electric and/or modern, bar the very silly end of pricing for the latter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just placed an EV6 order and it felt most different, but I actually liked the drive/feel of the ipace.

Totally agree on the e-tron though, sat in it and decided we wouldn't be driving it as it was a bit meeh for the range/money.

It's funny how they're all as you say, very similar.

• Like 1

On 29/07/2020 at 21:14, shyVRS245 said:

Not long to wait🕥 until BMW launch the all electric 5 Series with first deliveries due in 2023.:tongueout:

I mean if they can launch it with a sensible price and delivery time and not a 12 month wait, then I think you'd find a lot of people would consider changing car orders.