HELP - Errors and Can not lock car.

SimonAudi

Hi

I have a generic warning light (Hazard Triangle) and when I look I have 4 errors.

I can not lock the car...  Anyone any ideas?  Tommorrow will try Skoda Assist... but car drives OK - just can not leave it anywhere...

ANY IDEAS ANYONE?

I do not even see a door switch...

IMG_2471.JPG

Edited by SimonAudi

You should be able to lock it manually, prise of the small clip on the drivers door handle then you should see the lock

Edited by don_kiddik
mispelling
  • Thanks 1

This morning when I had a look in the light - I could see I had no power at all in the drivers door - for anything...

So went and checked the fuse...

I am ashamed to say... I caused the issue...

I had removed a fuse to fit the sat Nav permanent feed and pulled the wrong one... unfortunately I replaced it in the wrong slot...... (dark and under glove box) as the slot everyone else used I could not use as there is a big metal fuse 1 over from that fuse that prevented the fuse jumper fitting.

I had checked everything I had done to install the Nav... and then took out the wiring for the Nav and also tested the system and found 3 errors... they cleared but immediately came back..

As I said - this fuse was when I was looking for the numbers on the fuse holder... I pulled a fuse - found the number - (not the one I wanted) and put the fuse back - but put it to the right of the fuse next to it - in an empty slot -  not to the left.

This morning I got out the manual and found the fuse for the door and could see - there was no fuse... so searched for what happened.... then slapped my self for being so stupid....

Then I reinstalled the permanent feed to the Nav.

Feel like a right twa#.....

• Like 2

On 19/04/2019 at 11:53, SimonAudi said:

I am ashamed to say... I caused the issue...

Feel like a right twa#.....

At least you didn't get it booked in the dealers, could have been worse :whew: