Vrs 245 challenge

11 minutes ago, pkcskoda said:

When I look at my car i can’t see how it can be any better but will wait and see

It is more than the extra 25bhp over your 220. All the small improvements make a significant step forward. The VAQ diff, the wider rear track, much bigger vented brakes front/rear, the really fast steering (2.1 turns lock to lock) and the modern infotainment system. I previously owned an early 2013 Mk 2 Octavia (non Vrs) then a 2015 Vrs Tdi and the interior is much better as it is based on the Golf Mk7.5 MQB chassis. One bit of advice would be to leave the steering in Normal mode and not Sport on the Individual mode choices. For me Sport steering is way too heavy and spoils what is a perfect system particularly at low parking speeds.:biggrin:

Edited by shyVRS245
spelling mistake

• 2 weeks later...

Well Auto Express published the road test today of a manual Vrs245 Challenge and it got beaten by a similarly priced Hyandai N30 SALOON (might actually be a hatch not had time to read it fully). The Hyuandai has 29bhp more hence its 0-60mph time of 6.3 seconds versus the Skoda's time of 6.8 seconds. The lighter 2017 Limited Edition did 0-60mph in 6.6 seconds and was also £2,500 cheaper. Also the 2017 model averaged 38.9mpg on test and the 2019 model just 35.3mpg (I think from memory) both manuals. Some good news for Challenge owners however residuals over 3 years predicted to be 46% which means it loses only £16,000 during this time, whereas the 2017 Vrs245 will be worth £11,000 after 3 years (losing £16,500 based on list prices of course).:cool:However the Skoda came out top for practicality and a better quality interior.:thumbup:

While completing some paperwork with the dealer today I asked them to confirm if mats come as standard.  The response was very vague, before they decided that mats aren't standard and need to spec'd at time of ordering or can I get them as an accessory!! 

Could you please advise pkcskoda if your car had mats when you looked at it?

I'd also be interested to know if the under bonnet soundproofing is fitted to the petrol vRS or only the diesels.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, shrikep15 said:

While completing some paperwork with the dealer today I asked them to confirm if mats come as standard.  The response was very vague, before they decided that mats aren't standard and need to spec'd at time of ordering or can I get them as an accessory!! 

I'd also be interested to know if the under bonnet soundproofing is fitted to the petrol vRS or only the diesels.

Thanks

My 2017 Vrs245 came with factory mats as standard and would be surprised you have to pay for them now as the car has gone up £2,500 in 2 years yet only gets DCC and KESSY over my car. There is no underbonnet sound deadening on the 245 as they deem it unnecessary compared to the clattery diesel.:thinking:

9 minutes ago, shrikep15 said:

Thanks

Not to sure about under bonnet sound proofing? But it did have floor mats the last vrs I bought the salesman stole the mats as I bought the rubber mats too 

12 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

My 2017 Vrs245 came with factory mats as standard and would be surprised you have to pay for them now as the car has gone up £2,500 in 2 years yet only gets DCC and KESSY over my car. There is no underbonnet sound deadening on the 245 as they deem it unnecessary compared to the clattery diesel.:thinking:

Will advise on sound proofing on Friday when I will pick it up! Seems to me sales guys don’t know very much? When I asked about tecch stuff about the a888 engine they just say I don’t know 🤷‍♀️ 

8 minutes ago, pkcskoda said:

Not to sure about under bonnet sound proofing? But it did have floor mats the last vrs I bought the salesman stole the mats as I bought the rubber mats too 

My 245 didn't have the free brolly under the passenger seat back in August 2017 so my friendly regular sales person stole one from a RACE BLUE Vrs230 in the showroom. Hope whoever bought that car checked to see it was there.:thinking:

30 minutes ago, shrikep15 said:

Thanks

If you don’t get mats I have 2 brand new sets 1 blue stitch set and 1red stitch set out of my last 2 vrs’s

Thanks for all the replies,  I was confident that mats were standard since they are shown in the equipment list on the wesbite.  I only asked the dealer the question since I'm thinking of getting a few bits from Superskoda and didn't want to place an order and then find they were missing.

I have to agree that it's pot luck when it come to the knowledge of the sales person.  When I went to one dealership for a test drive the guy I was dealing with could answer every question I asked, he could immediately knew all the differences and options between models, whereas my local dealer who I'm purchasing the car from was the opposite.  I would have prefered to order from the first dealership, but unfortunately they couldn't get close to matching the price, plus the fact they were a 90 minute drive away against 10 minutes for me local dealer.

Got my new vrs 245 chal😀lenge today it has mats but no under bonnet sound proofing!! Matts are black a bit bland?but car seems 😀😀😀😀😂😗😘

She's finally here...and already booked in for a repair 😠  The salesman drove out of the showroom and parked up ready for me to drive away, I was sitting in the car for less than 2 minutes while adjusting seats, wheel, mirrors etc when another customer drove past.  I glanced up just in time to hear the clunk as he hit my mirror, looked over his shoulder at me and drove off!!!  I got out to check to find a nice deep scratch on the mirror housing.  Unsurprisingly I kicked up a fuss, especially since the guy knew he'd done it.  They've agreed to replace the mirror housing as I requested.  

IMG_20190621_132116.jpg

IMG_20190621_132058.jpg

IMG_20190621_132107.jpg

On 12/06/2019 at 21:12, shyVRS245 said:

Well Auto Express published the road test today of a manual Vrs245 Challenge and it got beaten by a similarly priced Hyandai N30 SALOON (might actually be a hatch not had time to read it fully). The Hyuandai has 29bhp more hence its 0-60mph time of 6.3 seconds versus the Skoda's time of 6.8 seconds. The lighter 2017 Limited Edition did 0-60mph in 6.6 seconds and was also £2,500 cheaper. Also the 2017 model averaged 38.9mpg on test and the 2019 model just 35.3mpg (I think from memory) both manuals. Some good news for Challenge owners however residuals over 3 years predicted to be 46% which means it loses only £16,000 during this time, whereas the 2017 Vrs245 will be worth £11,000 after 3 years (losing £16,500 based on list prices of course).:cool:However the Skoda came out top for practicality and a better quality interior.:thumbup:

Hi, do you have any idea how to update my satnav to include speed cameras 🎥 

• 3 weeks later...

How is everyone getting on with their Challenges? Hope it’s good as after two years away from SKODA i’ve just ordered one today.

Dsg estate in quartz grey, spare wheel, towbar and virtual cockpit. 

Quite wanted it in black but I live in the middle of nowhere and the grey doesn’t show the dirt quite as much.

suspect i’ll be waiting a while before it arrives though.

• Like 1

Hi bug had mine a few weeks now had similar extras plus a few mo😁re ! Very happy with it love all the tech it has got to say no negatives hope you enimage.thumb.jpg.99e5014e6484bad13ec67e8e40b9679b.jpgjoy 😉 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pkcskoda said:

Hi bug had mine a few weeks now had similar extras plus a few mo😁re ! Very happy with it love all the tech it has got to say no negatives hope you enimage.thumb.jpg.99e5014e6484bad13ec67e8e40b9679b.jpgjoy 😉 

Cheers. Yours looks great. I’d have liked a white one as well but made the mistake of buying my wife a white mini once. Living in rural Devon it didn’t half show the cow sh** a lot. Clshe spent a fortune in the car wash every three days in the winter 😂

glad to hear you are happy with it. How long was your wait from ordering out of interest?