Vrs 245 challenge

26 minutes ago, ColinD said:

Too tempting. Browsing this topic I saw the problem with virtual cockpit. So added cockpit to the safe word list. Also added VC to the acronym thingy. Fingers crossed this works!

Go for it Colin the engine, VAQ and brakes are great and a bargain compared to a cramped Golf GTi. Nearly 22,000 miles on mine now and 40mpg average and still love it almost as much as SWMBO.:inlove:

On 10/05/2019 at 19:48, pkcskoda said:

Robin Hood into day 2 are you getting use to the dsg 

Sorry for late reply, think I got blocked as well!

Love the car, best I've ever had. Still need to figure out all of the gadgets and set up profiles for me and the missus.

Waiting for a few bits from SuperSkoda, nothing drastic, rubber floor mats, mudflaps, rear bumper protector.
Thinking I need to invest in a hatchbag boot liner for the dog and save up for a new crate - trans k9.  

All good 🙂 mine is opposite i have nearly all extras from super Skoda but no CAR, splitter,black badges,mats,key craft, rear window spoiler,mats leds for boot,n plate ,interior lighting, vrs  detail all round, k&n kit,pedal box , window deflectors,also engine boost kit if it works from diesel to petrol??????plus a extra 5 black 19 in extreme wheels with Goodyear 235/35/19f1assametric 3 tyres on !!! Plus lots more 

10 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Magazine article in Auto Express this week on the 245 Challenge was a very similar read to the one almost 2 years ago but as the price has gone up by £2,500 compared to the highly equipped launch 245 they concluded that the reverse camera (one of my options) really should be standard on a £30,100 car. My 2017 model cost £28,100 including electric sunroof, spare wheel, camera and Black Magic paint.:thinking:

discounts are bigger now than they where 2 yrs ago though,

you also get dcc , heated seats plus other bits

if paying in £ notes, a challenge with metallic paint can be had for  £24,700

13 hours ago, 310golfr said:

discounts are bigger now than they where 2 yrs ago though,

you also get dcc , heated seats plus other bits

if paying in £ notes, a challenge with metallic paint can be had for  £24,700

Where can you get these sort of discounts?  Drive the Deal,offered me about 27500...thanks 

2 hours ago, stubev156 said:

Where can you get these sort of discounts?  Drive the Deal,offered me about 27500...thanks 

I ordered mine through  "discounted-new-cars" (have used them before).

Their guy confirmed that discounts on the vRS have never been higher...but it is a run out model now of course.

They currently show the basic price of a Challenge hatch at £23373.

The non challenge 245 is about £2k cheaper and I ordered one of these with the options I wanted...worked out cheaper than a Challenge and paying for options I didn't want.

Edited by *JP*

2 hours ago, stubev156 said:

drivethedeal  that price of £24700  is for a challenge dsg with metallic

manual gearbox and base colours even cheaper

Cheaper is good but, do expect to wait for your car, IIRC Oct,Nov 2017 there were some stupidly cheap PCH's about however, some cars took as long as 6 months to be delivered

It's ok if you don't have a timeframe or are handing back a car that's with VWFS as you can tell them they've gotta wait as they're making you wait

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Cheaper is good but, do expect to wait for your car, IIRC Oct,Nov there were some stupidly cheap PCH's about however, some cars took as long as 6 months to be delivered

It's ok if you don't have a timeframe or are handing back a car that's with VWFS as you can tell them they've gotta wait as they're making you wait

Yeah agree might be longer than the 14 days I waited for my car back in August 2017.:tongueout:

Paid retail for mine plus all the extras, nice to hear a bit of common sense in my thought of thinking you only get what you pay for??? After all it seems with skoda when you order a new car it is a new car not like other manufacturers who stock pile vehicles ready and waiting for ord🤭ers 

11 minutes ago, pkcskoda said:

Forgot to to say 14days for a order!! Not possible??? On a new car to to personal spec more like 14 we😂eks 

It was ordered by Marshalls Nottingham Skoda main dealer as their demo but as I was not bothered about colour or spec managed to intercept it enroute and collect from their sister dealership in Leicester. They had ordered it in May 2017 but I walked into Leicester dealer on 3rd August 2017 and because I have purchased many Skoda's from them they pinched the car from the Dealer Principal in Nottingham before he got his grubby hands on it. It was one of the first 10 Vrs245 registered in the UK. Very few on a 17 plate if you do a search on Autotrader. So you were right and wrong about what is possible.:)

2 hours ago, pkcskoda said:

Forgot to to say 14days for a order!! Not possible??? On a new car to to personal spec more like 14 we😂eks 

Mine is my ordered spec (black paint, spare wheel, DCC, towbar & Crew protection), its also one of the few 17 plate 245's. Ordered the day they opened the order book, registered 25th August

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pkcskoda said:

Yeah that’s right 

Awesome, last time I was there was for one of the last vulcan flights. We stood in the queue to get inside the vulcan but we left after a while because it was mainly just kids and then us two grown blokes lol.

Got to say I am very privileged to go past it’ every day 😁

Lucky you! Its a beautiful aircraft, looked like it was rotting away sadly. Needs a roof over it.

23 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

Awesome, last time I was there was for one of the last vulcan flights. We stood in the queue to get inside the vulcan but we left after a while because it was mainly just kids and then us two grown blokes lol.

When I was a kid more than 40 years ago the Vulcan was still taking off from Bruntingthorpe and we would stand and stare at the incredible noise it made. Only a hovering Hawker Harrier can tingle the senses in quite the same way.:whew:

• Like 2

Was at raf Bruggen and watched the harriers jump jets lots 

Last time I saw one close up was at the 1996 Festival of Speed at Goodwood, keep promising I will go back but it's been 23 years (time flies) no pun intended.:notme: