90,000miles service complete

Citigouk

Following on from the 80,000miles service  our citigo ASG has now just had its 90,000mile service just near its 5 years bday.

The cost was was an agreed price of £279 for the service which included oil, filter, pollen filter and spark plugs

The service provided included a taxi to cover dropping off at work and later collection back to the skoda dealership.... around 16mile round trip.

Our citigo remains faultless and has been commented on by not only the MOT tester but also the Skoda technician that underneath the car is free from leaks or any distress... and that it drives like a citigo which has done 20,000miles... not 90,000!

We hope that our experience of reporting the servicing will give some existing/potential citigo owners some comfort but also confirm how useful regular servicing and looking after your vehicle does reduce the risk of massive costs.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

@Citigouk

Has the Brake Fluid been changed as per the Manufacturers Guidelines, so @ 3 years then after the next 2 Year?

Was this offered to you?

The brake fluid change was offered, but not due for another month and at £90 I felt this was slightly too high from skoda and we will opt for a local garage to undertake.

Otherwise the brake fluid has been changed by skoda inline with the manufacturer guidelines at 3rd birthday at 49,331miles

• Like 1

The Fixed Price Offer at Participating Dealers that are doing the rip off offer of £279 for a car with only 3 spark plugs and not a lot of oil is £54 for the Brake Fluid change, 

& £39 for a MOT.

@£90 should maybe be Brake Fluid and a A/C Service offer...

?

Was the Air Filter changed at this Major Service? Or even checked?

Were the wheels off,

were the rear drums off and the brakes cleaned out and checked?

Screenshot 2019-04-18 at 16.27.29.png

Screenshot 2019-04-28 at 12.10.47.png

Edited by Skoffski

12 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

The Fixed Price Offer at Participating Dealers that are doing the rip off offer of £279 for a car with only 3 spark plugs and not a lot of oil is £54 for the Brake Fluid change, 

& £39 for a MOT.

@£90 should maybe be Brake Fluid and a A/C Service offer...

Was the Air Filter changed at this Major Service?

Screenshot 2019-04-18 at 16.27.29.png

Screenshot 2019-04-28 at 12.10.47.png

The Air filter was changed at this service. 

Its likely that this will be the last service under skoda dealer and we will be using  local options who will use skoda parts. 

• Like 2

I think that vehicle life has a lot to do with driving style,as much as maintenance.The car has obviously been used sympathetically.

I would expect dealers to big up their own products,and having spent most of my working life at a Ford  main dealers ,I know how things look from the inside.

Maybe off topic,but I would not use a main dealer after the warranty period expires.You are paying higher labour and parts prices,to cover staff training ,manufacturers system requirements ,tooling and premises overheads. If you can find a small business  local repairer for your servicing, who has some repute and knows the model,,then I would go there,and test out the water.......

I see a few people spend a lot of time on here giving their comments,so I await the backlash.........

• Like 2

At 90k miles I'd be interested to know how the transmission is faring. 

My manual gearbox became noisy at around 4k miles and has progressively worsened up to its current 42k. 

There is also a reluctance to select 1st from cold.

Cheers.

10 hours ago, Snaefell said:

At 90k miles I'd be interested to know how the transmission is faring. 

My manual gearbox became noisy at around 4k miles and has progressively worsened up to its current 42k. 

There is also a reluctance to select 1st from cold.

Cheers.

My 64 plate 60bhp manual, approximately 36000 miles, has similar issues as mentioned above. I have learned to start the engine with 1st gear selected and clutch depressed and it is ok. Problem is when in stop/start traffic I have to switch the engine off which is a pain. The gearbox is the biggest letdown with the car and in some ways not fit for purpose. 3rd to 2nd and reverse are a pain also. My daughter who is learning to drive and drives my car in between lessons really struggles with the gearbox and it has affected her confidence when she not been able to get it into gear etc. The car is cheap and it feels like it. 

19 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

@Citigouk

How is your ASG at 90,000 miles? 

It must be one of the highest miles around,

is it as it left the factory or has it had any software update?

As I’ve said before it does drive like lower mileage citigo... it’s absolutely great to drive... although I know many people prefer the dsg.

Its comforting that in the last month that the mot tester (independent) advises how dry the citigo was for the underneath and even asked if we would consider selling it! Followed by skoda technician commenting for the mileage it’s condition is first class.

Im unaware of any factory updates and there is noting on the paperwork history which can confirm this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Blackcountryman said:

I think that vehicle life has a lot to do with driving style,as much as maintenance.The car has obviously been used sympathetically.

I would expect dealers to big up their own products,and having spent most of my working life at a Ford  main dealers ,I know how things look from the inside.

Maybe off topic,but I would not use a main dealer after the warranty period expires.You are paying higher labour and parts prices,to cover staff training ,manufacturers system requirements ,tooling and premises overheads. If you can find a small business  local repairer for your servicing, who has some repute and knows the model,,then I would go there,and test out the water.......

I see a few people spend a lot of time on here giving their comments,so I await the backlash.........

our citigo over the 90,000miles has been used in the majority on east anglia B roads .... but it was also used on motorways for a solid 3 month stint where 4th gear was able to find vmax speeds.

we have a local independent who was the same chaps who have undertaken all the mot’s ready to look after the citigo moving forward

• Like 2

The clutch drag seems to be an issue with these cars. Mine's new,but a definate crunch heard if the car is quickly put into gear from cold,with the clutch smartly but fully depressed.

No adjustment possible,so what we have ,we have to live with.........if forced into gear expect gearbox concerns down the line.

New clutch and drag is gone. That's what they told at up! forum. 

I haven't have such problems so far. 4 years and 56000km. Gear stick feels actually better in our -15 Citigon than our TSI up! 

• Like 1