Experience with VW Finance Leasing?

It will be in the T & Cs which I suggest you check - you can probably download them from their site.

I suspect that there is probably a clause in there to specify that it is serviced at a dealer as they own the vehicle.

Depends on your lease type. PCH insists on you using an authorised VW retailer. 

https://www.vwfinance.co.uk/en/privatecustomers/how_agreements_work/solutions_pcp/during_your_agreement.html

Use the navigation on the left to select your lease type and then click on the "What to do during your agreement" link at the bottom of the pages which should explain servicing requirements.

Unfortunately it doesnt specifically mention in the T's and C's whether it has to be Genuine VW parts just that it has to be serviced at an authorised VW retailer as you mentioned.

The VW retailer in question has given me the option of Genuine VW disks and pads at £460 or alternatives at £297 so a fair price difference between them.

38 minutes ago, rsootarsing said:

Unfortunately it doesnt specifically mention in the T's and C's whether it has to be Genuine VW parts just that it has to be serviced at an authorised VW retailer as you mentioned.

The VW retailer in question has given me the option of Genuine VW disks and pads at £460 or alternatives at £297 so a fair price difference between them.

Well I'm on leasing and unsure other than I have to use the Skoda dealer network to service. You know I think we can guess the answer but I would just ask. I can't quite believe a franchised dealer would offer you pattern parts.

1 hour ago, rsootarsing said:

Quite surprised you were given the option, however I would assume that a VAG Branded retailer would only supply and fit authorised parts, so if they have offered you anything but the genuine products, I'd personally assume it was acceptable.

That being said, it really boils down to why you are asking. i.e. maintaining warranty, returning the vehicle etc

Assuming VW don't make pads and discs is it possible the cheaper ones are identical in everything except the branding printed on the box?

Not sure if knowing that would help much on the actual underlying question anyway actually

Edited by uchuff

My Octavia is on a PCH with VWFS. You can service it anywhere, franchised garage or not, so long as it's done to the service schedule with genuine parts and the garage is VAT registered.

20 minutes ago, bigiainw said:

My Octavia is on a PCH with VWFS. You can service it anywhere, franchised garage or not, so long as it's done to the service schedule with genuine parts and the garage is VAT registered.

Ok you answered the OPs question.. requires genuine parts.. strange that a VW franchised dealer would offer pattern parts then irrespective.

12 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

I was told over the phone it had to be a Skoda service centre. She also said I couldn't use VW's or Seat's! 

Thats pretty much a given it has to be Skoda branded dealer/service centre. They really like to try to pretend how different/separate all the brands are.

I had issues with Audi dealer being really *****y with me years ago because I had a Seat Leon. I was simply asking if they could check the alignment of the front suspension after an accident - identical to the A3. "No we can only have Audis on our workshop ramps". It's ok they went out of business just a few years later.

The dealer was round the corner in London where I was Living, the Seat dealer was miles away.

Edited by Scotty72