Tyres

steveb8189

Finally collected my Karoq last week. Very happy with it except the factory switched the wheels as they'd apparently run out of Tritons. 

It's fitted with Bridgestone Turanza T001 tyres. Does anyone know of these are run flats? Struggling to find out online. 

2 hours ago, steveb8189 said:

Finally collected my Karoq last week. Very happy with it except the factory switched the wheels as they'd apparently run out of Tritons. 

It's fitted with Bridgestone Turanza T001 tyres. Does anyone know of these are run flats? Struggling to find out online. 

No they were launched 7 years ago and guess your tyres are 215/55R17.:)

11 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

No they were launched 7 years ago and guess your tyres are 215/55R17.:)

I'll think that the recent are Turanza T001 Evo-versions.

55 minutes ago, BoxerBoy said:

Would the tyre not be marked appropriately on the sidewall?

It doesn't say run flats on the sidewall so I presumed not. But then I googled to see of the tyres were actually any good and quite a few hits mentioned run flats. Thus the confusion!

Bridgestone do make a run flat tyre which is called DriveGuard however the Turanza AFAIK is not a run flat tyre.

If you see the symbol RF on the tyre's sidewall then that indicates it is a run flat.

1 hour ago, SimonAudi said:

So what wheels and tyres did they fit instead?

It is an SE Technology so should have come with the Triton alloys but came with the normal SE Ratikon ones instead

Thats strange..

I just purchased a set of Triton in Silver for the winter wheels for ours...  no issue getting stock (about 1 month ago) but I guess it is always up  and down.

I guess as long as you are happy with what they sent - then no issues... would have been the same tyres I think anyway..

I do not see the SE Tech as an option (April brochure)... did you get everything else that should have been on the car?  not just sold you an SE and you paid for SE Tech?

24 minutes ago, SimonAudi said:

Thats strange..

I just purchased a set of Triton in Silver for the winter wheels for ours...  no issue getting stock (about 1 month ago) but I guess it is always up  and down.

I guess as long as you are happy with what they sent - then no issues... would have been the same tyres I think anyway..

I do not see the SE Tech as an option (April brochure)... did you get everything else that should have been on the car?  not just sold you an SE and you paid for SE Tech?

Unfortunately I'm not happy but I'm not sure what I can actually do. I couldn't reject the car at the dealer due to circumstances. I was 250 miles from home and had to get back to pick son up from nursery ..

Given it is a PCH deal I'm not sure I could have rejected it anyway as it's actually owned by VW finance. I have sent them an email today explaining the situation to see what they say. Given I have no evidence of the change of spec I'm slightly concerned when I return the car they'll suggest I switched the wheels!

Any suggestions?

Is it only the wheels that were different?

Did you speak with supplying dealer?

Whether its PCP / PCH / Finance or Cash... its not what you ordered...

Definately get it in writing that its not as you ordered.

I paid £650 for the set of 4 alloys... so at the end of the day.. it would not cost the dealer (Skoda) a huge amount to resolve this... assuming its just wheels..

• Like 1

I spoke to the dealer I collected from but they said they could do nothing. They said the manufacturer had the right to change the spec, o said I had the right to reject the car - which they understood and agreed to. I just wasn't in the position to do so. 

I will get it in writing on the premise that I want proof for VW finance in the future. 

1 minute ago, Skoffski said:

@steveb8189 What is the circumstance, just you do not like the look of the wheels?

Was there any price difference between the wheels you wanted and those that came on the car?

I just don't like then so much. Hard to say a price difference as the wheels I expected we're "standard equipment". I can't find the pricing sheet to see how much the Tritons are as an upgrade on the SE

46 minutes ago, SimonAudi said:

In the accessories brochure they are the same price...  but I agree on the looks... 

Looks like I would have been unable to negotiate a discount anyway then. 

Any suggestions on how I could go about getting the wheels I ordered?

So, I spoke with Skoda customer services today and they confirmed the car has been built as per the original order... Which is interesting as I was told the spec was changed due to a factory shortage of wheels. Awaiting for them to "open a case" to investigate

When was the car built? Mine was built on April 18th and came with Tritons. I actually wanted 18" but was recommended to not change the order when the car was set for production. I think I have the same tires, I always had bridgestone tires, with my first car and on my previous car both winter & summer and both were runflat. I don't think runflat would feel nice on Karoq.

Edited by antonv

Hi there. I ordered my SE Tech around about April time and they advised that the wheels had been changed due to issues with the Tritons causing delays up to 26 weeks. Asked if there was anyway I could get the Tritons even if I had to wait and they put them on. 

4 hours ago, cbruntooo said:

Hi there. I ordered my SE Tech around about April time and they advised that the wheels had been changed due to issues with the Tritons causing delays up to 26 weeks. Asked if there was anyway I could get the Tritons even if I had to wait and they put them on. 

What did they say?

Finally started to get some sensible answers. Attached is the dealer note that went out back in March. The dealers were meant to contact any impacted people and ask how they wanted to proceed. Personally, I would have chosen to wait an extended period as I'd already got an extension for the lease on my previous car. Unfortunately they forgot to contact me and just amended the order on the system to get a build date. 

Had a call back from Skoda customer service today saying the dealership admitted to not contacting me and offered me a free set of car mats. Given it's £60 in diesel return to the dealer and I've already bought some for the car I politely declined. 

They insisted there was no way of getting hold of the tritons so asked what my expectations were for a resolution. I said I just wanted the correct wheels... I then said I just didn't like the ones it came with so would accept any alternatives from the brochure and they've gone away to consider

image2019-05-21-105604.pdf

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 15:09, Grumpy Finn said:

I'll think that the recent are Turanza T001 Evo-versions.

The T001 EVO is still made in limited range of sizes, but has been superceeded by the T005 (which came out last year)

Just out of interest what is the 4 digit (month/year) code on your tyres, possibly fitted a job lot of the obsolete tyre design

The T005 is also available in a driveguard (runflat) in certain sizes

The T001 and T005 are summer tyres, the all season version is A005

Edited by SurreyJohn

The Mitykas 17" used on the Kodiaq is nice... my dealer prefered not sell me them as the offset was 5mm different and they were not listed for the Karoq... so I went with the Tritons

2 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

The T001 EVO is still made in limited range of sizes, but has been superceeded by the T005 (which came out last year)

Just out of interest what is the 4 digit (month/year) code on your tyres, possibly fitted a job lot of the obsolete tyre design

The T005 is also available in a driveguard (runflat) in certain sizes

The T001 and T005 are summer tyres, the all season version is A005

Yes, that is true, but Skoda uses the T001 tyres. I'll think that the recent fitted tyres are Evo-versions, not the original 7 year old versions.

Our in Dec 18 built Karoq has Turanza T001 215/55R17 tyres.

Edited by Grumpy Finn