Noticing some weird stickers in my 2016 reg *pics*

I know the car was BCA sourced, but the stickers have prior years on. Also there is a dealer sticker inside the boot from 2017.

Any suggestion as it what they are, and why the dates are out?

49F2544A-C094-43D7-86F6-7736F93A9474.jpeg

CAF8285D-8A39-4B70-9816-1AE6210422C0.jpeg

B4F2CD40-69BE-4FA5-B7B7-1C72C0330569.jpeg

Probably dates of manufacture for the the parts (wing mirror, front glass). I can see my rear bench seat was made on 24-9-2018. 2 months before the car.

24-9-2018.jpg.6db6e52548d8e4d932d07f4432ff9ae6.jpg

Edited by digifish

I’ve seen unregistered cars be sat in a dealers for 8 months only for it to be moved to another to be sold. Perhaps that’s what happened to this one?

Could be it was sold and cancelled at the last minute before being registered? 

Edited by jars

Interesting!  The III is a 2015 onwards model, so quite why there's a 2012 and 2009 sticker, who knows.  Perhaps someone was peeling stickers off of other cars and stuck them to yours?  Cannot imagine the screen being from either 2012 or 2009.  The glass of the wing-mirror...possibly, as VAG cars tend to have crossover parts, but surely not from that far back.  

1 minute ago, adamjackdrew said:

Interesting!  The III is a 2015 onwards model, so quite why there's a 2012 and 2009 sticker, who knows.  Perhaps someone was peeling stickers off of other cars and stuck them to yours?  Cannot imagine the screen being from either 2012 or 2009.  The glass of the wing-mirror...possibly, as VAG cars tend to have crossover parts, but surely not from that far back.  

Well....I need to try find a replacement part for a '03 Mk4 Golf GTI.  The part was still in use until '14 on the most of the VW cars with a (non-panoramic) sunroof.  

1 minute ago, penguin17 said:

Well....I need to try find a replacement part for a '03 Mk4 Golf GTI.  The part was still in use until '14 on the most of the VW cars with a (non-panoramic) sunroof.  

Ah-ha, OK.  Perhaps replacement parts put on after BCA got their hands on the car then?  

34 minutes ago, adamjackdrew said:

Ah-ha, OK.  Perhaps replacement parts put on after BCA got their hands on the car then?  

I think the ones on the cars window/mirror aren't to do with the parts themselves, more the cars usage/history.  The windscreen sticker is dated 2009; is the windscreen used in the S3 the same as the S2? 

The Arbury sticker (they sold me my Superb :smile:) shows the car has had 64E3 recall carried out, which was to do with the window guides/door trim and correcting misalignment. 

Edited by penguin17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sapf0 said:

What I don’t get  is why would a window screen manufactured in 2009 be fitted to a 2016 vehicle

Because stocks. Nothing mysterious and definitely nothing to worry about. Glass is not perishable if properly stored.

I am more interested in how those bar code stickers have survived for up to 10 years when fixed in  an external location !

I doubt they are anything to do with the date of manufacture. More likely some form of i.d. with a bar code date of ***** rather than a build date. 

• Like 1