Lubrication of Door Mirror Mechanisms

Hi all 

I have Set 3 on the seat memory set to drop both mirrors down for reversing down my drive.

Lately noticed when the glass is moving it’s starting to make a moaning/groaning noise so wondering if it’s possible to remove the glass and lubricate the mechanism ? Or will spraying Wd40 behind the glass work ?

Tried doing a search but unable to find anything 

Any advice?

Cheers

The mirror slides in these clips, try using plastic grease on the mirror tangs. You may also have water in the motors causing the binding, they just have plastic rack and pinion type movement, you could try putting plastic gear grease on these too, from Tamiya RC car kits etc.

Mirror 1.jpg

• Like 1

Mirror glass out first then small torx bolts to separate covers. Careful with top as plastic tang easily bent if ham fisted.

I was fitting the Supaskoda mirror down light LEDs, can now see at night when opening the door.

Edited by 3T1704X4
Typo