New VRS Owner

Thank you sasha , it is something I've got saved on my watch list but I'm going to start with the outside and work my way inside. I came across your virtual cockpit video on YouTube 🤘 looked awsome.

Quick update, Smart link has been fitted. Absolutely quality bit of kit, even if you dont use the navigation on your phone but your like me and forever listening to spotify. It allows you to change playlists on the screen on the fly, which is great for the long distance journeys.

I was also told whilst in skoda they do a retro fit to your navigation for 599 using a kenwood sat nav. But again for £145 you can have the quicker maps with upto date traffic if you use Waze ( free app). 

I also mentioned to the skoda parts desk about the abysmal price of mats that I was quoted from another dealership , to which they replied our premium mats are only £45. So I Swiftly bought and fitted them. 😂

• Like 3

Nice job. I believe the Kenwood system only works correctly on a MIB1. Someone in Italy had it fitted to a MIB2 and it didn’t work properly if I remember correctly. Glad you got the SmartLink sorted, I can’t wait for Apple to drop iOS13 public beta next week so I can peek at the changes to CarPlay, it’s finally had a change! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Nice job. I believe the Kenwood system only works correctly on a MIB1. Someone in Italy had it fitted to a MIB2 and it didn’t work properly if I remember correctly. Glad you got the SmartLink sorted, I can’t wait for Apple to drop iOS13 public beta next week so I can peek at the changes to CarPlay, it’s finally had a change! 

Ah im running Android, I did find my phone slightly fustrating at first as it was constantly wanting to go into mirror link mode instead of Android auto. 5 mins of faffing and i eventually sorted it.

Part number for the 5E mats incase anybody is remotely interested is 5E2061404C £37.50 Pre vat and £45 with Vat.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

I can’t wait for Apple to drop iOS13 public beta next week so I can peek at the changes to CarPlay, it’s finally had a change! 

According to AppleInsider it's only the developer beta that will be available then, and not to expect the public betas until sometime in July.

Here's some information on the planned changes to Car Play in iOS13 Car Play changes in iOS13

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Dev beta 1 has already dropped, public beta is usually a week after

That's true for dot updates to iOS, but major version updates usually have a longer time as dev only betas (true for iOS 11 & iOS12 betas, and possibly earlier but I wasn't a public beta tester until iOS11).

• Like 1

On 06/06/2019 at 09:44, SashaGrace said:

Dev beta 1 has already dropped, public beta is usually a week after, but reports are now expecting it to be early July, later than last year. Still wanna see it though!!

I came across a few videos on youtube that show the new updates for the car play system , might be worth having a look if you havent already seen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been out of the loop slightly. However ive gotten around to getting the bits and pieces sorted on the car.

Octavia badge : Removed

Skoda Badge front and rear : Colour Coded.

Vrs Badges Front and rear : Colour Coded

Wheels Refurbed : Painted Ford Panther Black

Front Grill : Colour Coded.

Wind deflectors Fitted to the front and the rear.

Smart Link fitted. 

Next month the car is booked in for the rear windows to be darkened and then it will go in for the stage 1 remap after that. The downside to having the wheels black i now have made the car look like it has smaller wheels that what are actually on it. I knew this would happen as ive had a black car in the Murdered out style before, so now I'm saying up the options of either go down the coiler route or just get a set of lowering springs fitted. Decisions decisions.

I must admit that i am loving the smart link, for someone that uses spotify everyday its great, the only gripe i have is every so often it tells me to focus on the road, I ve no idea what the parameters are for this as it seems to be random @SashaGrace do you know if this can be turned off ?. 

Ill get some photos uploaded to show the progress as ive finally been able to wash the car after what seems like weeks of solid rain.

I’ve never seen this either an I use Spotify all the time (iPhone 8+)

I occasionally have to unlock the phone to start Waze as it says “Follow Instructions in Phone when stationary” or something.

It's bizzare, the parameters seem to be if you try and use it for more than a few seconds i.E surfing playlists.

I think looking at a few pictures of peoples builds that i may upgrade to LED lights inside and out as well.  Guessing that ill need to code these though.

On 09/06/2019 at 13:37, SashaGrace said:

I have, can’t wait to try them myself. Early July apparently.

iOS13 public beta 1 available today - you need to download a new profile from beta.apple.com to install it

• Like 1

On 21/06/2019 at 12:52, Ash007ks said:

It's bizzare, the parameters seem to be if you try and use it for more than a few seconds i.E surfing playlists.

I think looking at a few pictures of peoples builds that i may upgrade to LED lights inside and out as well.  Guessing that ill need to code these though.

Ah, the touching screen whilst driving warning lol its timed i believe on android so you're not concentrating on your playlist think scrolling 4 or more times within a certain amount of time brings the warning up.