Returning Lease Car through BCA Logistics

BCA have the facilities to then prep a car before it leaves the facilities that has been bought at auction with credit (money) they lend Dealers to buy stock.

So BCA are going to pick up damage, put a cost on repairing and then if repairing / preparing to go to sale the buyer pays what they charge to do those repairs to have it 'Sale ready'.

There are Lease Companies that have borrowed to buy cars and have them sold at end of lease before they are ever First Registered and on the road with the person leasing for 2 or 3 years.

Many of these are unfair, I had a Mercedes once, and at end of lease got charged for 2 substandard chip repairs done by Mercedes Main Dealer Brentford

I phoned up and asked for them to be invoiced separately so I could present invoice to dealer, guess what the standard of repair was revised during the phone call, suddenly became acceptable and were removed from return condition bill,  Mercedes Finance had lower standard when their own main dealer had done them (didn't even want proof, although was listed on an invoice as had been done whilst in for service year earlier).   Clearly operate double standards, rip off the customer, protect their own conglomerate.

For the record, never had another Mercedes since because of this.   

I 'm quite happy to let others know on a public forum, and have kept the invoice evidence in a file as proof, especially as Mercedes didn't even apologise, I haven't moved house so if Mercedes PR team want to contact me they can, they have chosen not to, so clearly happy for the story to be re-told as warning to others.

The moral of the story is only PCP or Lease if you can keep the car in virtually as new condition.

If that's not possible and you do not want to pay a repair fee then buy a car you can afford Cash or with a straight loan.

Lee

Edited by logiclee

If the scratches are as insignificant as you say then you could have flatted and polished them out in a tiny fraction of the time that you have spent writing about it on this forum and researching other cases on Google.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, logiclee said:

The moral of the story is only PCP or Lease if you can keep the car in virtually as new condition.

If that's not possible and you do not want to pay a repair fee then buy a car you can afford Cash or with a straight loan.

Lee

And when you come to sell it, buyers such as WeBuyAnyCar will deduct the repair charge if not declared on initial quotation or if selling to a dealer, they'll say " You've kept your car clean, nice condition, wish every car that we took in as part-ex was as well looked after as yours  blah, blah, blah..."   and without telling you, they'll deduct the appropriate amount from their A1 condition price.  There's no way around it.

Let's look at it another way, when we buy cars and find scratches etc, we either disregard the car or expect them to be repaired. If we do accept a car with some blemishes, in our own minds we're accepting them because the price was right.

Can't imagine many people people paying top dollar for a car that's not A1.

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

And when you come to sell it, buyers such as WeBuyAnyCar will deduct the repair charge if not declared on initial quotation or if selling to a dealer, they'll say " You've kept your car clean, nice condition, wish every car that we took in as part-ex was as well looked after as yours  blah, blah, blah..."   and without telling you, they'll deduct the appropriate amount from their A1 condition price.  There's no way around it.

Let's look at it another way, when we buy cars and find scratches etc, we either disregard the car or expect them to be repaired. If we do accept a car with some blemishes, in our own minds we're accepting them because the price was right.

Can't imagine many people people paying top dollar for a car that's not A1.

It's surprising what dealers will push on the forecourt but it can also work in the buyers favour.

My XF had a slight scuff on rear bumper, scratch on rear bumper top, scuff on bottom of front bumper, couple of scratches on drivers door that would polish out and nearly unnoticeable ding in front wing. I would say the majority of people wouldn't notice. I negotiated a further £500 due to these defects but got them sorted for £300 at my local place. https://www.paintchiptechniques.co.uk/

For those others looking at this thread it's also worth mentioning interior.

I had loaded some cardboard in our BMW and when I pulled it out it ripped the leather/vinyl on the rear door armrest.  I knew this would fail the BCA inspection so contacted BMW. A replacement was to be a door card for £475.

Found a "Trimline" interior repairer who did a totally invisible repair for £65.

My 1.4 MK3 Octavia went back in December 18 and I spent £60 getting a tiny scuff sorted on the rear bumper and left a scratch on the silver moulding on the door card (someone let go of the seatbelt too quickly) and they didn't pick up on it.

Make sure you give it a good clean first and they tend to be a lot happier. It also helped that it was pi**ing it down the day they came to inspect it :D