"Thrashing" a brand new VRS!?

Are they all vRS among the 58 just on Autotrader?

Under £35,000 as an Asking Price is a depreciation disaster.

If Skoda UK can not get these cars shifted VW Group will need to be 'Exporting' them someplace before there are red faces. 

Screenshot 2019-06-08 at 17.03.18.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

There might be the odd one around that a 'Tuner' has borrowed to try out and to see if their Software works well on it.

I offered £30k to Simpsons Preston for that bad boy and, fair play to them, responded promptly saying the vehicle was extremely rare and they wouldn't accept anything less than sticker price.

I guess a fool and his money are easily parted as the saying goes?

HMRC / Tax Payers give them the chance to make money with the Golden Goose and the stock is on someones balance sheet.

With these 'Demonstrator' / Ex Management cars VW / Skoda will not be making much on them. 

They cant be seen to discount them like a 'fire sale', they will have to over a nice price 'to change'. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

HMRC / Tax Payers give them the chance to make money with the Golden Goose and the stock is on someones balance sheet.

With these 'Demonstrator' / Ex Management cars VW / Skoda will not be making much on them. 

They cant be seen to discount them like a 'fire sale', they will have to over a nice price 'to change'. 

Yep, I offered £30k cash, no questions asked, and the guy shot me down in flames.

I guess he knows there are mug punters out there who'll pay £9k+ more because they have no clue about how the vehicle has been treated.

Not a nice social profiling of new car sales personnel though.

5.9%, plus £1K off for June, on top of the regular £2K finance contribution...

image.png.447d9c5f7d0e1cdddd59efdfe536fffa.png

Only £2K to find now :D

Edited by silver1011

Well @silver1011, 2.9% on the Kodiaq here in Ireland - but it's no cause for jealousy. They charge us more for the car and theres no hope of the negotiating the good discounts you pulled of on your Scout, or being able to use a CarWow type outfit to drive them down.

Hell, I've seen Irish dealers trying to sell Kodiaqs for €3 to €4,000 over list, from stock. When I asked the reason - I was told "Because you can have it now without having to wait!".   I didn't bite, though I wanted to bite him.

• Like 2

Just read about dealers thrashing cars, Let me tell you a story... I use to mange the IT for one of the biggest car transporters on Northern Ireland, they exclusively have BMW Citroen and a few other marques etc north and south. We noticed a few of the cars were coming from the port in dublin to the compound from the ferry with damage, one nearly had the wing mirror taken off. We took a look on the compounds cameras a particular night we knew the suspect was working... after a load came off the ferry, caught the loader driver doing donuts in a brand new M3 with the tesa protection still on the car. Absolutely horsing it around a full car compound! 

• Sad 1

Thing is the rs is pretty rubbish even thrashing it isn’t impressive so I don’t understand why they would even try ?

if it was fitted with a proper engine with proper power then fair enough people might be impressed and buy one but in my opinion they have seriously messed up releasing a RS which isn’t really a RS or anything special . Fair enough when they release a V6 bi turbo knocking on 500 Bhp I’ll be looking out for the videos 😂

You'll be waiting a long time.

The vRS is the most powerful Kodiaq with an engine that is only available in the vRS.

That's enough these days to qualify for the vRS branding. Its been this way for as long as I remember, a mild power increase, stiffer suspension, bigger wheels and a few spoilers.

If you want the kind of power upgrades you mention then it'll be over at Audi I'm afraid, or outside of VAG.

• 1 month later...
On 08/06/2019 at 14:43, shyVRS245 said:

Sure Briskodians have criticised Simpsons Preston before or just Simpsons in general for their poor service.:thinking:

Can definitely firmly put me in that camp. 10 mins down the road but I take mine elsewhere after poor previous dealings with them.

I have a vrs 245 octavia. Warm family hatch. Expecting a 500bhp vrs of any model is a bit daft, audi rs or m cars are fast cars. Vrs are warmed up skodas. Reality check.

Advanced issues found

On 22/06/2019 at 11:50, C2atb said:

Thing is the rs is pretty rubbish even thrashing it isn’t impressive so I don’t understand why they would even try ?

Had a good laugh reading a 1.4 owner saying an RS is rubbish - LOL! Seeing that the lastest Octavia RS has a 245hp motor, why would you expect a Kodiaq RS to use anything more powerful than the BiTDI? They were never going to use the Golf R engine as that's going to the Tiguan R which is in the pipeline. A Skoda RS is nothing more than a 'warm' version of their respective counterpart. Do you expect an Octavia RS to have the same drivetrain as a Golf R?  What @silver1011 said is 100% correct. 

I would've liked the Kodiaq RS to have the Golf R engine so I can tune it to 380hp and 470nm and still get around 30mpg (I get 35 in my tuned Golf R) but oh well, you can't have your cake and eat it. Cupra Ateca and you can't get a Tig Allspace in 5 seater over in NZ. Don't like the interior of the Tig either.

Yes I own a 1.4 and I love the sheer power but what I said was a video of an rs being thrashed isn’t going to impress me unless like I said it was something a bit more special . 

I didn’t mean to offend anyone 

I did actually think maybe because of the size and stature of the kodiaq they may do a special version 

My 1.4 is just my daily drive it was never bought for speed