Kodiaq RS sound actuator

It doesn`t stay off, and you cannot turn it off (except Individual driving mode), unless you have Personalisation option (with 3 keys) that allows to keep the last choosen driving mode.

Cheapest way is to unplug the device somewhere under the bonnet.

Easyest way is to buy OBD11 Pro and turn the sound level to 0% (or to wherever you like it).

With OBD11 you can also fiddle other settings. I just activated Personalisation, eyelashes with DRL, disabled ACC right overtaking prevention, close doors when engine running, close windows when ignition off.

Earlier I`ve disabled start/stop.

• 4 years later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but does anyone know if OBDeleven (or anything else) has the ability to code the inside cabin noise off but leave the external sound booster on?

40 minutes ago, linni said:

There is no inside fake sound from speakers. Only the outside actuator. At least on mine.

Oh really? That's interesting 

34 minutes ago, Rooted said:

@simonds3135 What age of Kodiaq vRS are you asking about and a diesel or petrol?

Sorry, I should have said, I assumed both systems would work in the same way. The diesel I was asking about. I haven't got one but am looking to buy one. Was just curious if you could keep the 'outside' noise but get rid of the 'inside' noise. I haven't even test driven one yet to hear what it's actually like, I'm just going from video reviews on YouTube. It sounds quite cool from the outside but am thinking it could get a bit droney on the inside

• Thanks 1

No, I have only diesel, no experience with petrol RS, but hard to believe they added some internal sound. There is just no point to do so. Unless they lost the outside actuator.

6 hours ago, linni said:

There is no inside fake sound from speakers. Only the outside actuator. At least on mine.

I haven't tried unplugging the actuator, but I'm pretty sure in my petrol that there's fake sound from the the speakers too.  If it was all from the actuator I think it would sound like it was coming just from the back end, and IMHO it doesn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, linni said:

No, I have only diesel, no experience with petrol RS, but hard to believe they added some internal sound. There is just no point to do so. Unless they lost the outside actuator.

I wouldn't think of it as adding internal sound, as most car manufacturers have internal fake sound these days. I would look at it as Skoda have added the outside noise. So I would think it was perfectly normal to have an external sound booster aswell as inside noise. 

55 minutes ago, Rooted said:

MK4 Octavia.

Plenty threads in Briskoda on various models / ages of TSI and sound accuators. 

Yes but isn't the Kodiaq the only vehicle with the external sound booster? I have a MK3 Octavia VRS and I've coded the sound actuator off, but there is obviously no external one on that, it's just fake noise in the cabin 

8 hours ago, Dappernut said:

I haven't tried unplugging the actuator, but I'm pretty sure in my petrol that there's fake sound from the the speakers too.  If it was all from the actuator I think it would sound like it was coming just from the back end, and IMHO it doesn't.

Actuator emits low frequency sounds which are very difficult to locate the source.

I did yesterday a test and definitely no sound from any speaker.

7 hours ago, simonds3135 said:

Yes but isn't the Kodiaq the only vehicle with the external sound booster? I have a MK3 Octavia VRS and I've coded the sound actuator off, but there is obviously no external one on that, it's just fake noise in the cabin 

Not familiar with Octavia, but Kodiaq has physical sound actuator, located behind the rear bumper on the left.

Edited by linni

On 04/04/2024 at 10:40, ZacDaMan72 said:

Both the Kodiaq RS TSI and TDI ONLY have the external sound actuator. I've driven both (and own a TDI).

Thanks for confirming and thanks everyone else for your replies too 🙂