Front disc size vrs

I know this info is on here somewhere, but I am searching from my phone and it's a bit tricky.

I'm searching for new front discs for my 64 reg vrs TDI dsg. Euro at parts give 3 options. Without taking the wheel off and measuring one of you brilliant people must know. Oh it's an estate if that makes any difference. Ta

As above there are 2 sizes for the front discs for the vRS TDI.

Mine is from Feb 2014 & came with 340mm but shortly afterwards they started shipping the vRS TDI with 312mm discs instead.

3 hours ago, mtwo said:

I know this info is on here somewhere, but I am searching from my phone and it's a bit tricky.

I'm searching for new front discs for my 64 reg vrs TDI dsg. Euro at parts give 3 options. Without taking the wheel off and measuring one of you brilliant people must know. Oh it's an estate if that makes any difference. Ta

AFAIK the smaller disk was fitted from MY16 onwards (late 2015 so a 16 or 65 plate) Yours should have the 340mm disk. Cant see anyone downgrading.

It is easy to see without measuring as the 312mm caliper carrier is curved nearest the hub (follows shape of hub) and the 340mm caliper is straight. They can be the only possible sizes so will not need measuring to the mm, should be obvious between the 2 sizes

14 minutes ago, flybynite said:

AFAIK the smaller disk was fitted from MY16 onwards (late 2015 so a 16 or 65 plate) Yours should have the 340mm disk. Cant see anyone downgrading.

It is easy to see without measuring as the 312mm caliper carrier is curved nearest the hub (follows shape of hub) and the 340mm caliper is straight. They can be the only possible sizes so will not need measuring to the mm, should be obvious between the 2 sizes

Hmm - that's thrown up a question on mine too then. 

I am in the process of getting new discs and pads - mine is a 66 plate and Euro Car Parts are saying I need a 340mm disc. I've just looked and I have a curved caliper. 

1 minute ago, Dalelfc89 said:

Hmm - that's thrown up a question on mine too then. 

I am in the process of getting new discs and pads - mine is a 66 plate and Euro Car Parts are saying I need a 340mm disc. I've just looked and I have a curved caliper. 

If yours is a diesel vRS and 66 plate then I would say you should have the smaller 312mm disk. If you have a curved section to the caliper carrier then I think it is certain.

It can only be 312x25mm or 340x30mm should be easy to see without getting too technical. Tape measure up against the wheel should do.

1 minute ago, flybynite said:

If yours is a diesel vRS and 66 plate then I would say you should have the smaller 312mm disk. If you have a curved section to the caliper carrier then I think it is certain.

It can only be 312x25mm or 340x30mm should be easy to see without getting too technical. Tape measure up against the wheel should do.

Yeah I've just compared a pic to my old 63 VRS and the discs on the newer car are definitely smaller.

No idea what discs and pads to buy now then - the ones I get linked to on Euro Car Parts when posting my reg are all 340mm 😫😫😫

2 minutes ago, Dalelfc89 said:

Yeah I've just compared a pic to my old 63 VRS and the discs on the newer car are definitely smaller.

No idea what discs and pads to buy now then - the ones I get linked to on Euro Car Parts when posting my reg are all 340mm 😫😫😫

Just put in 2016 diesel 2.0 (not your reg) and it will bring up all front options 288, 312 and 340. You want the 312x25mm front 272x10mm rear

and IMHO I would pick either ATE or Brembo disks, ATE pads.

2 minutes ago, flybynite said:

Just put in 2016 diesel 2.0 (not your reg) and it will bring up all front options 288, 312 and 340. You want the 312x25mm front 272x10mm rear

and IMHO I would pick either ATE or Brembo disks, ATE pads.

I've found these - would you say that these would be correct?

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_2.0_2016/p/car-parts/regular-service/car-service-parts/brake-discs/?10444150A&1&2ed63958ae5c37758926372b40ece04c4efe5431&000027

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_2.0_2016/p/car-parts/regular-service/car-service-parts/brake-pads/?10144210A&1&4d2e4266ee70fa0ba796ae38a3a0edf9d0f6fd38&000036

There are no ATE pads suitable for 312 discs on there. 

On the Brisky Facebook group I was warned to stay away from Brembo and go for Pagid. What would you advise if I can't get ATE pads? 

Thanks guys. Straight edge caliper so 344 mm discs. Just had a rough measure to confirm this and am happy which ones to get. Thanks again, great help and knowledge.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dalelfc89 said:

I've found these - would you say that these would be correct?

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_2.0_2016/p/car-parts/regular-service/car-service-parts/brake-discs/?10444150A&1&2ed63958ae5c37758926372b40ece04c4efe5431&000027

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_2.0_2016/p/car-parts/regular-service/car-service-parts/brake-pads/?10144210A&1&4d2e4266ee70fa0ba796ae38a3a0edf9d0f6fd38&000036

There are no ATE pads suitable for 312 discs on there. 

On the Brisky Facebook group I was warned to stay away from Brembo and go for Pagid. What would you advise if I can't get ATE pads? 

I have just measured some 312mm pads on the bench and they are 65mmx160mmx20mm so all good for the 312mm calipers.

Personally I don't think you will go wrong with either, but I had no real problem with the OEM Galfer pads either, some do.

As the Pagid are a bit cheaper, nothing wrong with them, good pads. I prefer the ATE compound but we are talking semantics here. If it were me out of that choice I would go Brembo disks/ Pagid pads, you will have no problems.

7 minutes ago, flybynite said:

I have just measured some 312mm pads on the bench and they are 65mmx160mmx20mm so all good for the 312mm calipers.

Personally I don't think you will go wrong with either, but I had no real problem with the OEM Galfer pads either, some do.

As the Pagid are a bit cheaper, nothing wrong with them, good pads. I prefer the ATE compound but we are talking semantics here. If it were me out of that choice I would go Brembo disks/ Pagid pads, you will have no problems.

Cool - thanks a lot for your help. Saved me buying 340mm stuff and having to return it. 

• Like 1