What is the best gearbox to put in a Mk1 Ocatvia VRS

My gearbox is dead and so might be my clutch. In having a garage look at it to see whats wrong.

Ive heard of people putting in six speed gearboxes in. Is it possible and are they just drop in? 

TIA

6 minutes ago, Trigg3r97 said:

My gearbox is dead and so might be my clutch. In having a garage look at it to see whats wrong.

Ive heard of people putting in six speed gearboxes in. Is it possible and are they just drop in? 

TIA

They do fit but you need..

Gearbox

Selector cables

Mountings

Driveshafts

Starter motor

Bell housing bolts

Clutch

Flywheel

Hydraulic pipework

• 10 months later...
On 19/06/2019 at 13:14, Trigg3r97 said:

TIA

Did you upgrade to a 6 speed box last year and if so can we exchange views as I am in process of changing next few week, I have a 6 speed diesel in now with the 1.8t petrol but need to try a 6 speed petrol as this is sluggish even with the engine at 270 bhp. 

Regards