Masonry paint on car

Mat1210

Hoping somebody can help me. I left my car with my dad while I went away on holiday as it would be “safer” there. My dad decided to paint the outside of his house while my mark 2 Fabian Monte Carlo in red/black (which I bought 6 weeks ago) was sitting in the drive. Needless to say it’s now covered in white/cream speckles. My brother noticed and took the car away to a friend who used a clay bar on a section which seems to have worked to an extent. The roof is real bad as it’s black. What’s the best course of action? My brother also suggested a machine polish but not sure if this would have to be done after the worst of the paint was removed. 

Most masonry paint is water based, so a good soaking giving the clay bar plenty of water should shift it. If not, the above will do it given time and effort.

Pete

You might want to try a 'fallout' remover. It's designed to remove brake dust and similar contaminants. 

I use Bilt Hamber Korrosol prior to using a clay bar on my 6 monthly deep clean. 

I've not used this product, but it's got fairly favourable reviews and should be easily available from Halford (though it's advisable reserving online first just to prevent a wasted journey!) ;

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&categoryId=165682&langId=-1&productId=1418439&storeId=10001

Thanks for all the advice. Bought a clay bar which has removed a good 90%... also easily removed what was on the wheels. Think I might just carefully pick off what’s left with my nails. Haven’t used a pressure washer yet so that might get the rest. 

This is a before pic...

2DCD9266-6926-49EC-96DB-C14770F200F5.thumb.jpeg.f18e11849a4ff7f8005e14ac2df1e2c7.jpeg

Cheers. 

Edited by Mat1210

You are lucky that it wasn't textured masonry paint like Sandtex which contains abrasive grains.

We have something here called Crepi which is like Sandtex on steroids, if you go over it with a stippling roller it leave a texture that will remove skin.

I was in the middle of refinishing the exterior of my building when I had a self inflicted accident and lost the vision from my left eye permanantly. When I got my confidence and balance back (takes a lot of re-adaption) I got back up on the scaffold to continue the job, I was using a special spraygun with a hopper and the overspray goes a long way and sets like concrete, I made sure to barrier off the road and move on any parked cars.

I was spraying from and up to the left hand corner of the building, my blind side, the scaffold was open so I would not walk up to the edge especially as I could not see it, I had forgotten and failed to see that I had parked my last Octavia in front of my garage and beside the left hand return wall 🙄😕

It took months to soften and remove all the grains but they eventually went but left loads of micro scratches.