85000 pads warning light😂

Have to say what a car .  I have ignored two suggestions by the dealership to replace my pads as only 40% and 25% left and now I get a warning light.   Don’t know how many miles I’ve got left but I will now replace them .   I love my superb 

Mine is on 94k miles still with the original pads and discs. About 20% on the rears but plenty left on the fronts.

Edited by Danny 57

I do 60mph to and from work, 80 on the motorway to Scotland BUT I extensively use the engine to slow the car down, quite often only touching the brakes on the final few metres.

Funny but i now tend to do the opposite with my auto .  When going down hill I tend to tap the accelerator and lift off putting the car into coasting . This way I avoid the automatic over revving issue.  I think using brakes at the end more economical and better for the engine and car on the whole .   Quote just now to replace all pads and brakes less than £140 or the cost of one tyre . Can’t be bad or am I dreaming ?🤔

My MK2 Octavia is on ~173k and quite possibly has original pads/discs all the way round. They certainly haven't been done in the ~125k I've had the car.

I've been warned they need replacing for about 60k now, although according to one service report the pads got thicker between two services ;)

• Haha 4

It reminds me the kind of motto that you can read / ear on the Ilse of Man vs. Tourist Trophy, if I don't make any mistake:

"If you brake, you're a coward".... 😂😁

Edited by Bap33

I changed my front discs and pads at 93k but they still have about 25% left on the pads so could have gone well over 100k.  Mk3 DSG 190 bhp.  Changed the rears at about 71K although they too had about 20% left.