Anyone know what this is? I tried my phone PIN, it says please wait and goes unresponsive. 

Ive got beta version of IOS13 on my iPhone. So the phone is to blame but wondering if any other beta users out there. 

DE6119D6-9356-4233-9ECA-1B48AA52F292.jpeg

Not using Skoda connect anymore. 

Sorry yes didn’t explain how it came about. Simply phone auto connects to Bluetooth, the first few seconds of a song play and then that comes up. No music, nothing. 

I inputted my phones pin, it just says please wait and I have to turn infotainment off and then back on. 

It’s only happened since I have the beta version of IOS13, so must be a major bug somewhere. In fact that whole beta has bugs, seems a very premature release. 

I was just seeing if anyone had suggestions on what the PIN could be as I don’t remember setting one up on the infotainment. 

21 minutes ago, aldouk said:

Sorry yes didn’t explain how it came about. Simply phone auto connects to Bluetooth, the first few seconds of a song play and then that comes up. No music, nothing. 

I inputted my phones pin, it just says please wait and I have to turn infotainment off and then back on. 

It’s only happened since I have the beta version of IOS13, so must be a major bug somewhere. In fact that whole beta has bugs, seems a very premature release. 

I was just seeing if anyone had suggestions on what the PIN could be as I don’t remember setting one up on the infotainment. 

Is there any mention of bug fixes or new features pertaining to a PIN number/security, in the IOS release notes? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not gone that far yet tbh. If I arrow back it disappears and then says unable to connect. I have got audio and telephone coming through now so all good. 

Ive sent Apple some feedback. Hopefully one of the next fix releases will

resolve. I considered rolling back to IOS12 but silly me didn’t back up! 

Just experienced the exact same thing and wondered what was going on. It didn’t even occur to me it was related to my iPhone. But you must be right as I’m also running ios13 in Beta. I agree it is very buggy, think I will just revert back to ios12 and wait until the official release in September. 

On 14/07/2019 at 12:02, Kamikazekid said:

Just experienced the exact same thing and wondered what was going on. It didn’t even occur to me it was related to my iPhone. But you must be right as I’m also running ios13 in Beta. I agree it is very buggy, think I will just revert back to ios12 and wait until the official release in September. 

Yeah deffo linked to IOS13. I can’t roll back so will just have to put up with the patch releases until it hopefully goes. They released 13.3 last night. 

I rolled back to iOS 12. It was a right pain but I was getting annoyed with all the bugs. I think I’ll stay away from the beta releases in future, I’ll just be patient and wait until September!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’m not sure what to make of it. If I type my iPhone pin in, it just keeps saying connecting and nothing happens. In the end I had to turn my phone into airplane mode and turn the stereo off and on again. It seems to be a Bluetooth thing as it was still trying to connect even when I unplugged the usb. I take it wireless CarPlay is not yet available on skodas? 

On another note, I really like the split screen view for maps and music. It only seems to work with Apple maps though. It would be great if you could use split screen with Waze. 

On 29/06/2019 at 20:08, aldouk said:

I downloaded the iOS 13 (not beta) yesterday and the same thing is happening with my Octavia vRS 2017.

It's definitely annoying.

It won't come out of "Please wait" and allow me to use the infotainment unit if I decide to enter the PIN.

Don't enter the pin and I can use the infotainment system, but the phone still connects. I don't understand it.

I have the SKoda Kodia (Dec 2017), and I have the same problem, when I have updated my Iphone to IOS13 today this message happens as well and same behaviour as described above. I also went to the Skoda update site, and it says "There were no software updates for the VIN", so not sure I can apply an update to the Skoda to resolve, if it is a Skoda problem, they don't have any updates that I'm aware of.

I am downloading the latest maps, but doubt that will fix this problem.

Any other updates, please let me know, I'm thinking of trying to un-pair and re-pair, but worried that I might not be able to re-pair.

Thoughts anybody?

Mines the same, but as above whilst not ideal, press the back arrow all functions work and phone is connected. Hopefully ios13.1,2,3,4 or whatever will address the problem.

Well i'm glad I found this thread as I've spent ages this afternoon trying to sort this, and not for a minute did I think it was related to updating my Iphone to ios13

I'd been thinking it was a Skoda connect pin I'd put in when I got the car.( Kodiaq)

Did a bit of digging and it might be related to this

"Apple’s new iOS 13 update adds a new privacy measure that requires apps to get your consent in order to use your device’s Bluetooth."

Although how that might apply to our cars I'm unsure

Hopefully a fix soon as it's a right pain

4 hours ago, Kamikazekid said:

I’ve just reported the issue to Apple here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

I’m doubt I’m the 1st to report it and they probably won’t respond but you never know!

Thanks, I have now done the same, especially highlighting the "Enter User Pin" message. I suggest everybody else try submit as well, I also linked this article in my feedback as well.

OK folks, I seem to have accidentally fixed this, at least it's lasted through a few journeys today. As to what I've done - I've really no idea, and certainly nothing intentional. After updating to iOS 13 I started getting the pin messages, and was just backing out of the screen like others here. Earlier, I decided to look at the carplay settings on the phone to see if a new toggle had appeared or similar. Nothing new was there, but while I was in the settings screen I did take the chance to move some of the apps around (click the three lines on the right and drag them up or down) and also delete the old Iplayer radio icon using the 'no entry' icon on the left. Didn't think anything else about it, but on getting into the car later I was surprised to see carplay load immediately and no sign of the dreaded PIN screen. Got in another couple of times later and started up again - with no sign of the PIN request. 

I've no idea if I've accidentally fixed it by messing with apparently unrelated things in settings, but it would be interesting to see if it sticks in the longer term and if it works for others. Deleting iplayer radio might be relevant - I wonder if everyone having problems has that installed and showing in carplay? I recently added the sounds app so the old radio app was no longer needed.

4 hours ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

OK folks, I seem to have accidentally fixed this, at least it's lasted through a few journeys today. As to what I've done - I've really no idea, and certainly nothing intentional. After updating to iOS 13 I started getting the pin messages, and was just backing out of the screen like others here. Earlier, I decided to look at the carplay settings on the phone to see if a new toggle had appeared or similar. Nothing new was there, but while I was in the settings screen I did take the chance to move some of the apps around (click the three lines on the right and drag them up or down) and also delete the old Iplayer radio icon using the 'no entry' icon on the left. Didn't think anything else about it, but on getting into the car later I was surprised to see carplay load immediately and no sign of the dreaded PIN screen. Got in another couple of times later and started up again - with no sign of the PIN request. 

I've no idea if I've accidentally fixed it by messing with apparently unrelated things in settings, but it would be interesting to see if it sticks in the longer term and if it works for others. Deleting iplayer radio might be relevant - I wonder if everyone having problems has that installed and showing in carplay? I recently added the sounds app so the old radio app was no longer needed.

Thanks, I have tried to replicate what you wrote, and if I plug in the phone every time I get in the car - before switching the car on, i.e. use Car Play feature - then it is okay and no message, but if I rely on Bluetooth, i.e. just leave the phone in my pocket and turn on the car, then I get the message (sometimes multiple times) and I have to back out and click OK - sometimes 3 times to let it work.

Are you using Car Play only - for you to have fixed the problem?

I too got this issue after upgrading to IOS13.

The problem is to do with Bluetooth regardless of whether you connect via USB or Bluetooth and have previously paired the phone via Bluetooth (with older versions of IOS). The issue doesn't occur if you have Bluetooth switched off on the phone and connect Carplay solely via USB.

This is the solution - Unpair the phone from the car by going into Settings>Bluetooth (on the phone). Find the Skoda BT connection and touch the i icon. Then tap Forget This Device

Turn off Bluetooth momentarily and turn it back on again.

Next go through the pairing process again. A code will be displayed on the infotainment screen and will be replicated on the iPhone. Just make sure they are the same and pair the phone.

If you have given the connection relevant permissions all your contacts, favourites and phone recents will be imported again.

Next time you turn on the car if you connect the iPhone to the USB it will no longer ask you for the PIN number.

Apple must have introduced some sort of enhanced security routine for Bluetooth within IOS13 that is probably documented somewhere but I haven't seen it.

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

The problem is to do with Bluetooth regardless of whether you connect via USB or Bluetooth and have previously paired the phone via Bluetooth (with older versions of IOS). The issue doesn't occur if you have Bluetooth switched off on the phone and connect Carplay solely via USB.

This is the solution - Unpair the phone from the car by going into Settings>Bluetooth (on the phone). Find the Skoda BT connection and touch the i icon. Then tap Forget This Device

Next go through the pairing process again. A code will be displayed on the infotainment screen and will be replicated on the iPhone. Just make sure they are the same and pair the phone.

If you have given the connection relevant permissions all your contacts, favourites and phone recents will be imported again.

Next time you turn on the car if you connect the iPhone to the USB it will no longer ask you for the PIN number.

Apple must have introduced some sort of enhanced security routine for Bluetooth within IOS13 that is probably documented somewhere but I haven't seen it.

I had this problem too and confirm your solution solves it. Thanks.

7 hours ago, SeanSyd said:

Thanks, I have tried to replicate what you wrote, and if I plug in the phone every time I get in the car - before switching the car on, i.e. use Car Play feature - then it is okay and no message, but if I rely on Bluetooth, i.e. just leave the phone in my pocket and turn on the car, then I get the message (sometimes multiple times) and I have to back out and click OK - sometimes 3 times to let it work.

Are you using Car Play only - for you to have fixed the problem?

It's mighty weird - I have bluetooth enabled too.

9 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

Problem now solved using this solution, thanks.