Beeping on removing key from ignition

Anyone know what this is.

A few rapid high pitched beeps I notice most times I remove key from ignition. Higher pitched and more rapid than the parking sensor beep.

Car: 2016 Octavia 3   SE Sport 1.4 TSI

Thanks

17 minutes ago, Gabbo said:

You have the lights set on manual?

No, lights would be OFF or in AUTO when key is removed.

Should have also said that the volume of the beeps is a lot quieter than the reversing sensor beeps.

Thanks

On my car, it would indicate that the parking lights are turned on. i.e. my light switch is not in the off position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gregoir said:

On my car, it would indicate that the parking lights are turned on. i.e. my light switch is not in the off position.

Just been out to check for certain.

Beep happens exactly the same regardless of light switch position.

About 6 rapid high pitched beeps but much quieter than any of the other beeps or bongs the car makes. My 50+ yr old ears only really notice it in quiet environments, hardly seems loud enough to be a warning.

Thanks

14 hours ago, gregoir said:

Just checked again. I do get a proper loud beep and lights on warning on maxi dot when I open the door with ignition off and sidelights on - Should I get this whenever the keys are removed?

17 hours ago, gregoir said:

If the indicator is left on, then the parking lights will turn on at that side iirc.

You'll also get a message on the maxi dot

• Like 1

What you are hearing is most likely the control modules shutting down. There's an electric water pump for cooling the turbo and the control module makes a high pitched series of pulses as it shut down.

There is also a fuel return cycle to return fuel to the tank, and it makes some noise,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MoggyTech said:

What you are hearing is most likely the control modules shutting down. There's an electric water pump for cooling the turbo and the control module makes a high pitched series of pulses as it shut down.

That could well be it. Thanks.

3 hours ago, MoggyTech said:

There is also a fuel return cycle to return fuel to the tank, and it makes some noise,

Yes, I am aware of that one and the fairly noisy priming on switching ignition on.

Thanks again.

ah, well if its a sound like that, it could also be the valve cleaning routine which moves the turbo, throttle & EGR valve open-closed-open-closed to clean them & perform any adaptation that is used by the ECU.

This on-off movement could sound like a beeping sound as the valve changes direction??

10 hours ago, Gabbo said:

ah, well if its a sound like that, it could also be the valve cleaning routine which moves the turbo, throttle & EGR valve open-closed-open-closed to clean them & perform any adaptation that is used by the ECU.

This on-off movement could sound like a beeping sound as the valve changes direction??

The 1.4TSi doesn't have EGR but yes, the control modules do make some weird noises. When I had my Fabia 1.9PD VRS the vacuum control module played tunes when you switched the engine off. :D

7 hours ago, MoggyTech said:

When I had my Fabia 1.9PD VRS the vacuum control module played tunes when you switched the engine off. :D

That would be the 'Moo' valve. My Octavia 2 1.9 PD had one of them too.

• Haha 1