GPF like DPF?

11 hours ago, TDIum said:

😴

?

8 hours ago, ian_feel_keepin_it_reel said:

I was thinking more the mass of a bike, I'll agree speeding can be just as dangerous, but I would think most fatal accidents involving bikes it's mostly the biker's that die.

I'd also argue a lot more people speed than drink drive which would skew the statistics slightly. Impossible to measure the ratio of speeders who have a fatal accident against drink drivers who have a fatal accident. While you get a fair few people who are happy to acknowledge they speed; you'd have to be a special kind of idiot to brag about drink driving.

(Sorry to OP for derailing his post.)

Yes, pretty much agree with all of that actually. I think that people are comfortable with speeding, as I said before, because they both underestimate how dangerous it is and overestimate their driving skills. Which makes it more dangerous than drunk driving, in a sense, on the sentiment you put forward: (almost) everyone knows drink driving is a big no no. People generally know it’s bad so generally don’t but the same isn’t true for speeding where people think it’s ok and they’re good enough drivers to do it. 

4 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

This is something that I think needs  changing

:nod: Agreed but manslaughter not murder because there’s no premeditation, but your actions result in someone’s death. 

As fir the OP, if you’re concerned take it in to the dealer and ask them? From what I’ve read I highly doubt it’s the gpf. 

• 2 years later...

On 11/07/2019 at 16:41, ExSEAT said:

My 245 with GPF is currently being very annoying. When driving or stationary there is a droning noise like a fan or pump running continually. You can hear it over the blowers and the engine. This coupled with 2 or 3 other problems is starting to make me hate this car more and more!

Hi there. Did you ever get to the bottom of this noise? I have the same on my 1.5 TSI which has the GPF. Skoda replaced the fuel pump under warranty as they "diagnosed" that as the noise source but the noise has returned again immediately albeit intermittently. The droning noise seems to come from the middle to rear of the car and it's exceptionally annoying.

1 minute ago, gm73 said:

Hi there. Did you ever get to the bottom of this noise? I have the same on my 1.5 TSI which has the GPF. Skoda replaced the fuel pump under warranty as they "diagnosed" that as the noise source but the noise has returned again immediately albeit intermittently. The droning noise seems to come from the middle to rear of the car and it's exceptionally annoying.

Hi, in my case it was the fuel pump under the back seat. Took a long time to convince them there was a fault. All sorted noise wise. The cars gone now.

7 hours ago, ExSEAT said:

Hi, in my case it was the fuel pump under the back seat. Took a long time to convince them there was a fault. All sorted noise wise. The cars gone now.

Thanks. Sounds like another fuel pump for my car then. I wonder if it's anything to do with E10 petrol.

1 hour ago, gm73 said:

Thanks. Sounds like another fuel pump for my car then. I wonder if it's anything to do with E10 petrol.

I couldn't comment on the fuel, but I'd expect to see a raft of these issues if it was the root cause. All I can tell you is that mine would make the noise after around 20 minutes of running, it was most noticeable when stationary and even more when the start stop kicked in, it would continue indefinitely as if it was struggling to maintain pressure, you could feel it if you placed a hand on the back seat or the surrounding carpeting, if you put your ear to the seat its very clear that's where the noise is. Best of luck!