Train Sim World

lancpudn

Bugger! that short video of Carstairs to Carlisle I uploaded to Dailymotion video site doesn't want to play ball! 😩

I'm going to be up on Scotrail yet again tonight on a class 68 from Glasgow to Edinburgh......lets see how many mistakes I can clock up tonight, there might be a bottle or two of image.png.a9c3da265cd058d71185869b306233a3.pngas it's too hot up here on't Lancashire moors. 😁

image.png.1e893468607f514276e7d09a69d0f66c.png

9 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Looks like i’ll Have to find you a Chinese rule book

AAaaaa. SSSsoooooo

LOL there is a manual in English and a tutorial to learn the controls. The countryside doesn't half go past quick. I enjoyed it.

9 hours ago, mac11irl said:

Whats the braking distance like from 406kph??

Oh yeah! I found out it's nothing like a BR class 43  HST for stopping/braking distances😮, I ended up starting the braking around four miles out from the station for a smooth stop, That scenario topped out at 442Km/h 😮

21 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I assume the trains you drive are on your traction card and the routes you drive on are on your route card and all is up to date ?

22 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I assume the trains you drive are on your traction card and the routes you drive on are on your route card and all is up to date ?

Wot! Eh! 😁 I managed to achieve lots of Nil Pois for speeding though lol. It's hard to keep to 5mph when you're gawping at the countryside. 😀

19 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Do they have any of the Irish Route network on the game?

I haven't seen any routes/scenarios advertised for Ireland, I asked the same question a few months ago on the 'Twitch' site for Train Sim World & Train Sim 2019 users but was met with shrugged shoulders, there are a couple of train sim/TSW game developers on there almost daily.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lancpudn said:

class 380 doing a driver training route knowledge scenario for the more unusual routes out of Glasgow central.

Leaving from Platform 3 (or 4)? If so, then that's already unusual for a 380. Those platforms are normally only used by intercity services.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

Leaving from Platform 3 (or 4)? If so, then that's already unusual for a 380. Those platforms are normally only used by intercity services.

I cant remember the platform offhand!  and I'm not on my Gaming PC at the moment. I've lost track whether it was on the proposed GARL route as I've done so many Scotrail scenarios lately 🤔 It was out to the Arkleston good loop & to the Shields road depot anyway.

49 minutes ago, lancpudn said:

I cant remember the platform offhand!  and I'm not on my Gaming PC at the moment. I've lost track whether it was on the proposed GARL route as I've done so many Scotrail scenarios lately 🤔 It was out to the Arkleston good loop & to the Shields road depot anyway.

Arkleston (district) is between Hillington West and Paisley Gilmour Street on the Renfrewshire and Ayrshire line. Trains for those destinations normally leave from platforms 10 to 13 inclusive.

54 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Arkleston (district) is between Hillington West and Paisley Gilmour Street on the Renfrewshire and Ayrshire line. Trains for those destinations normally leave from platforms 10 to 13 inclusive.

This is a short in-game video clip of the briefing/task list for the scenario named 'Unusual movements' I hope you can read brief list in the top left.

46 minutes ago, lancpudn said:

short in-game video clip of the briefing/task list for the scenario named 'Unusual movements'

It makes more sense now; I'd actually started on the down line, where it starts on the up.

• Like 1

On the Great Western this evening on Train sim world on a Winter scenario called 'Christmas closures'

It's the Christmas holidays & network rail have closed London Paddington as part of the construction programme.

Trains are being turned back at Ealing Broadway.

9 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Did you have to deal with an increased number of angry passengers giving grief over the shutdowns?

I just lock the cab doors and make sure the cab door is the other side of the anti trespass panels at the end of the platform😁

• Haha 2

I fancy a new Train Sim or Train Sim World game!  Do I go old school with a TSW BR class 52 down on the west Somerset railways or the newly released  Train Sim 2019 class RE 460 Swiss federal railways Alpine classic!!!!

Decisions decisions!

Edited by lancpudn

6 minutes ago, lancpudn said:

TSW BR class 52

That's up to you, but the "Western" will be based out of Bristol Bath Road or Laira, so there will quite possibly be new lines to learn, although they may connect  with Temple Meads to Paddington if you've got those lines.

Against that Alpine lines can be spectacular, but do you want 20km tunnels?

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

That's up to you, but the "Western" will be based out of Bristol Bath Road or Laira, so there will quite possibly be new lines to learn, although they may connect  with Temple Meads to Paddington if you've got those lines.

Against that Alpine lines can be spectacular, but do you want 20km tunnels?

Yes I think you're right, I made that kind of mistake before buying Flying Scotsman in a Train Sim sale, The whole scenario was night running & the only thing you could see was the glow from the fire 🙄 I got hammered for points driving that thing for overuse of coal and wheel slip because I couldn't judge braking points in the dark 😩That's my excuse anyway 😁

Well, I was putting down the most obvious points I could see for and against both purchases.

I'd be annoyed about the Flying Scotsman scenarios too, because that is one locomotive that mostly only ran in daytime.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lancpudn said:

Yes I think you're right, I made that kind of mistake before buying Flying Scotsman in a Train Sim sale, The whole scenario was night running & the only thing you could see was the glow from the fire 🙄 I got hammered for points driving that thing for overuse of coal and wheel slip because I couldn't judge braking points in the dark 😩That's my excuse anyway 😁

This is where route knowledge is a must.  Once you are confident on the route you can drive at 100 mph in the Dark, when there's very thick Fog and in perfect conditions. You have to keep to the time table.  I knew where I was all the time, I used track side markers for reference, Bridges, points, signals, different track noises, street lights, level crossings and buildings.  

• Like 2