MPG Correction

What module is responsible for the MPG display on the MK1 vrs?

Mine is optimistic by quite a bit, maybe due to the remap.... but on VCDS it says the module is unavailable or something along those lines when I try to alter it

Is there any module that is replaceable so the MPG can be adjusted or is this not possible? 

Not possible, they're all like it, the only fairly accurate way to calculate your average fuel consumption is to brim the tank, reset the trip, drive until you need to fill up, refill then divide the trip distance by the amount of fuel you just put in.

1 hour ago, sepulchrave said:

Not possible, they're all like it, the only fairly accurate way to calculate your average fuel consumption is to brim the tank, reset the trip, drive until you need to fill up, refill then divide the trip distance by the amount of fuel you just put in.

What a shame... my mk2 Octavia vrs was always bang on after I corrected it.. this ones a bit of a nuisance lol

i wonder if the EDC15p ECU has some sort of correction factor for fuel consumption figures. 

Edited by sakta

This info is for a 6L Ibiza 2002 to 2008 so should be the same procedure as your Fabia vRS, though I've not altered it on my own Ibiza FR with BLT engine just yet, merely looked at it to confirm that it is set to the standard value.

[17 - Instruments]

[Adaptation - 10]

Enter Channel "03"

Consumption correction:

Standard = "100"

Range = "85" to "115"

Increment = "1"

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mankee said:

This info is for a 6L Ibiza 2002 to 2008 so should be the same procedure as your Fabia vRS, though I've not altered it on my own Ibiza FR with BLT engine just yet, merely looked at it to confirm that it is set to the standard value.

[17 - Instruments]

[Adaptation - 10]

Enter Channel "03"

Consumption correction:

Standard = "100"

Range = "85" to "115"

Increment = "1"

Yes, this module is unavailable on the vrs. My only last result is now altering on the ECU, it seems there may be a way of doing it from a quick google 

43 minutes ago, Wino said:

It shouldn't be unavailable.  Something wrong with cluster or wiring to it.

Most posts here seem to say it’s not possible, maybe it’s not available on later dashes? Mine is an 06 reg 

Just now, Wino said:

Are you saying you can't communicate with module 17 - Instruments, or that the specific adaptation channel isn't there when you do?

I can access the module but that adaptation, when I select it doesn't work, just gives me an error. I've used it on my mk2 octy and it worked 😕