Dual SIM Phone Bluetooth Connection

So, I have a 2017 registered, 66 Plate Octavia.

I also have a dual SIM phone, as I can't bear having a work and personal phone so I just got a Dual SIM android (Xiaomi Mi A1).

It connects fine, address book, recent calls etc etc etc all work fine.   

However, it always uses my Work SIM (SIM 1).   

For those that haven't used a DS phone before, you can select which SIM to use on each call or set a preffered SIM for specific contacts.   

If I call through the car though it doesn't do this, it just sees the work SIM.  

Anyway to select/change this?

I'm guessing if I swapped SIM slots it would just use personal, however I'd ideally like to be able to select which one to use via the screen.

Alex

Edited by Alex-W

I've run in to the exact same problem with my OnePlus in my 19 plate with Amundsen.  I tested this when I first paired the phone and made a call without any problem, however next time I tried it kept giving me call failed message.  I can receive calls but not make them. 

I've recently upgraded to Android Pie which, as Alex has mentioned, has the option of selecting the SIM to use per contact.  If I disable the second SIM it works fine, but this is obviously not a practical solution.  

• 11 months later...

Di you guys ever find a resolve to this, I've got the same issue with a Galaxy A71 dual sim (Personal and work sims).  Can it be made to work with a skoda and the car then asks which sim I wish to use?

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Anyone got to the solution of the problem? I have MK3, Octavia Combi, my2015, Samsung S10e dual sim, and it shows only SIM1 carrier when is connected. Although I can receive calls to the SIM2.

If there is any solution I would be very greatful for it.

Thanks!

I have Motorola with dual sim.

i struggled with this as it would only pick up one SIM. 

Then I realised that using the handset you have to select which SIM to use and the car was not showing that stage. 
So in the end I allocated a SIM to each number and now it just calls using the chosen SIM automatically 

The problem has gone away for me now, I just got work to send me a phone and I have 2 phones again.

Tbh I rarely make work calls in the car, they can wait until I'm at the destination.  

Although, most work calls are on MS Teams and personal calls are via WhatsApp these days so it doesn't help anyway!

It comes down to the way the radios work.  On the Amunsden system, the software works on the basis that it will support two phones (via a Bluetooth 4.1 connection or above), but it won't work with one phone and two sims.  On that basis, one SIM will always have to be the master, and if your phone supports the second SIM, it will only allow incoming calls on that second SIM unless you manually switch from SIM1 to SIM2 on the phone (which defeats hands-free).

11 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

It comes down to the way the radios work.  On the Amunsden system, the software works on the basis that it will support two phones (via a Bluetooth 4.1 connection or above), but it won't work with one phone and two sims.  On that basis, one SIM will always have to be the master, and if your phone supports the second SIM, it will only allow incoming calls on that second SIM unless you manually switch from SIM1 to SIM2 on the phone (which defeats hands-free).

Yes, i thought so also. For me, it's a shame since most of my friends don't know my work number and the master sim on my phone is work number since I make a lot of work calls. Maybe they will change it, in the future. If not, it's ok this way also.

Thanks for reply!