dipping mirror

Firstly the selector on the door panel needs to be set to "L" (in the UK- ie the passenger side). Secondly it won't move back to the usual position unless you drive forward at more than (IIRC) 5mph for a period of time (a couple of seconds in practice). Try driving round the block and see if that puts it back in the right position. This one caught me out for a while. 

Another thing to remember is that you need to store the reversing position for the mirror using the seat memory or the car will forget it. 

thanks BriskodaJeff

The mirror does not revert to normal position even at full speed I have to adjust it manually which is a pain when driving. It has been stored or I guess it wouldn't dip each time I select reverse. Just been reading through the manual but not a hint of this occurrence there. I will try switching dipping off in Infotainment and resetting it and see if that corrects it.

I do leave mirror in L so that I can quickly fold mirrors if necessary quickly, the idea of meeting someone in narrow lane and having the mirror broken fills me with horror, its a bit more than my pocket money allowance.

Ok- it sounds like something isn't right. I have the same car  (L&K) as you, but a couple of years older. Sadly I'm not near the car or manual right now. Have a play over the weekend - if you don't get it working send me a PM and we can go through settings etc over the phone on Monday if that would help. 

Edited by BriskodaJeff

U need to do the seat memory storing procedure first, which stores seat position and mirror position.  

Screenshot_20190720-092942.thumb.png.b17c320c495b16934ee713a04fa38e3e.png

Then u do the storing reversing mirror position procedure as explained below.

Screenshot_20190705-185936.thumb.png.7d6602e7125e533f5f6dea0a50c462bd.png

Could be a known software issue discussed here....  

Mine does it too randomly, but will wait until next service to get update carried out.

• Like 1

Watermead

sounds like that is the problem, identical symptoms, as I only picked the car up new a few weeks ago you would have thought Skoda would have updated the software. Having said that I am not convinced they updated the navigation software as several speed limits are wrong. I know, I know I can update it but I bought a new car so that. I wouldn’t need to update the nav.

There will always be a lag between posted speeds and surveyed/listed speeds on any sat nav system. Councils have habit of chucking up arbitrary 50 mph limits and roads are constantly changing.  

Waze and or google are likely the most up to date.

Bud

yes, had considered Waze or Google but not technologically minded, do you have to connect to usb  with a cable, and does it consume ones limited phone allowance?

Yes connect via USB but you can load maps via wifi and this might work but live updates for traffic etc will probably use data allowance.