My VRS230 Mods

Hi Guys

I recently purchased an Octavia VRS230 and i am looking to do some mods to it but i am wondering what mods people recommend

I am going to go with a REVO stage 1 map

Air Intake - ?

Exhaust - ?

Suspension - ?

Brakes - ?

All help much appreciated 

Thanks Sean

66518798_2836498389698178_1381034892803964928_n.jpg

• Like 2

Haha (the reed) but a bit harsh!

Welcome Sean and nice car! White ones are the best!! 

Revo Stage 1 would be awesome!  Others will have better advice than me for the other parts!  

Enjoy your new car! 

19 minutes ago, dan245 said:

I recommend you find a new photographer. That reed in the foreground is really irritating.

Sorry i wont take any more pics as i was the photographer 😉

• Haha 1

I am going to go with a REVO stage 1 map - done

Air Intake - i drilled out the blanked off bits in the stock air intake, removed the snow catcher tray thing and put in a performance air filter

Exhaust - not done anything yet

Suspension - upgraded ARB front and rear - needed new droplinks as well, dogbone mount, upgraded springs and dampers - eibach, front strutbrace

Brakes - not done anything yet

clutch - factor in a new uprated clutch if you are a non dsg car and have a remap. it will start to slip

consider turbo inlet pipe upgrade and turbo muffler delete, michelin ps4 tyres also are very good

Congrats for the car and black is the best ;)

I have been considering remapping as well but still a bit hesitant as there are so many choices out there.

Mine is a 2014 manual TSI VRS and I was told the clutch needs to be changed as they tend to fade away especially with the 300ish HP.

I was also looking into the TDI tuning chip which only presses up to 270HP (instead of 300HP with a stage 1) but it can be removed any time without a trace or coded to a new car anytime.

Enjoy and keep us posted!

3 hours ago, dan245 said:

I recommend you find a new photographer. That reed in the foreground is really irritating. 😀

Are you the Lead singer in the rock band "Dan Reed Network" by any chance?:tongueout:Their song called Divided is quite good.;)

Everything is personal preference, but as I also have a white 230 hatch... :) 

Air Intake - Racingline R600 or Cup Edition. I personally went for the APR carbon fibre induction kit, with Racingline elbow & silicone pipe etc - but it was an expensive job, and can't hear as much induction noise as the Racingline kits outlined above.

Exhaust - Scorpion turbo- or cat-back systemI highly recommend!

Suspension - Eibach Pro-Kit (or sport-line if you want compromised but lower stance)

Brakes -  Personally got my eyes on Racingline's Big Brake Kit