I need Bolero Update :-)

Has anyone updated the sw on a MIB1 Bolero? I'm just a little nervous and wondering what's the chance of bricking it, if so why does this happen and is there any recovery or rollback procedure?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pab567 said:

I sent you link to download MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0253T on PM. You have SmartLInk, you may just need to have it activated.

Thank you so much!!!!🤘 As per smartlink, yeah, I have this menu, do you mean I need to activate it at the dealer?
Dziękuję bardzo!

1 minute ago, pab567 said:

Yes - or someone who knows how to hack it.

Yesterday I tried to update from usb drive another version and got the error code 15, "can not find the correct medium".  Do you know what may caused it? Is it crucial to use a SD card for update?

As I wrote on February 27th: 1. Do you really need an update? Keep in mind there is ALWAYS a risk of bricking the unit (especially MIB1). 2. Format SD card or USB pendrive under FAT32. 3. Unzip software file to SD card or USB pendrive you prepared, Make sure it is unzipped to root folder - all the folders and metainfo file must be placed directly in the root. 4. Start update via service menu (long press MENU button).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pab567 said:

As I wrote on February 27th: 1. Do you really need an update? Keep in mind there is ALWAYS a risk of bricking the unit (especially MIB1). 2. Format SD card or USB pendrive under FAT32. 3. Unzip software file to SD card or USB pendrive you prepared, Make sure it is unzipped to root folder - all the folders and metainfo file must be placed directly in the root. 4. Start update via service menu (long press MENU button).

Mine is MIB1, is there any way back if you do brick it or is it new unit?

@Pab567 

hi,i just bought fabia combi mk3 2015 style but unfortunately bolero/car is prebulit of22 weeks....i think

pic of bolero below

is there any update for my bolero?

they have only mirrorlink and dont work with my pixel 3xl....

what is the latest/best oem multimedia that fit in my fabia ?

thanks

IMG_20200425_145457.jpg

On 29/04/2020 at 15:26, pab567 said:

@chelon I meant I am NOT dealing with MIB1 units, sorry for confusion 😞

@Lantus no update available. For having SmartLink you must have the unit exchanged (just the infotainment unit, screen may remain the same)

Thanks for the help so far pab, I need to update from:-

0435 to the latest version, would that mean taking mine from MIB1 to MIB2?

2 hours ago, pab567 said:

Nope... to go from MIB1 to MIB2 you must have both screen and glove box unit exchanged.

ok thanks didn't know that. Does anyone know if I should be updating MIB1 unit from 0435 to 0490? Is there a risk of bricking it?